Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Our trip:BAD EXPERIENCES............

warthog

When Marcia and I got to our hotel,we got ready and went into the hot tub,and sfter a few minutes,we decided to hit the pool.We got out of the hot tub the right way,got started into the pool the right way...Marcia was in front of me going down the steps,when her feet shot out from under her,and she fell allthe way down the pool stairs,into the pool.Being right behind her,I went to help her,and my feet flew out from under me,and I fell on the concrete stairs on my right arm,cutting it and bruising it badly.I was in so much pain,I almost passed out.NOT ONE OF THE THREE OR FOUR PEOPLE BEHIND THE DESK NEAR THE POOL ENTRANCE CAME TO HELP,NOT EVEN LOOKED OUR WAY.We finally got to the desk,and I demanded to talk to the manager,which I might as well not have done,because he told me'Our only obligation is to direct you to the nearest medical facility,ANYTHING ELSE,YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN'...........I was so mad from being treated so off-handedly and in so much pain,it triggered an asthma attack.....Later,the 'manager' called our room to tell us they reviewed the security tape of the pool,and explained in detail it was all OUR FAULT as to how we attempted to enter the pool,which is NOT POSTED ANYWHERE IN THE POOL ROOM....Turns out my arm is just cut and bruised,but the way we were so coldly treated is just barbaric........This happened Monday night,fast forward to last night,Wednesday night.....

Marcia and I went out to dinner last night and got back to our hotel about 7pm,and found two snowmobiles parked in our handicapped parking spot,believe it or not.This parking spot is right beside the door where we go in and out,the whole rest of the lot was empty.I have a handicapped placard,and that hotel KNOWS I am disabled.......SO:I went and complained to the desk clerk,whom seemed not too concerned with this problem,I told him I will have to walk farther to get in,he seemed unimpressed:veryangry:........This morning,the same two snowmobiles were STILL IN THE HANDICAPPED SPOT.......When I went in to check out,I asked a new guy behind the counter why there were two snowmobiles in the handicapped parking space,his answer:'I HAVE NO IDEA,I JUST GOT HERE'.........That is when I asked him if the camera pointed at me was working,and if the manager will see it,he said yes,and I looked into the camera and said'THAT is practically the same answer I got last night at 7pm from the other guy,'I HAVE NO IDEA',THAT IS WHY I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES OFFICE,and one of a number of reasons why I will NOT stay here again'.......I figured that instead of erupting like Mt.St. Helen and looking like a mental case,was not a good idea,so I will let the disabilities folks deal with them........

Steve apparently you have been moving in a mighty way for God. I was down in Florida about ten years ago doing Disney with my family staying at a campground/ cabin facility. We rented a house in the camp site two bedroom and a loft for sleeping. To my surprise there was a tent revival in the campground. I was interested so I made the journey alone. The service was about being attacked by the Devil. The pastor asked how many were being recently attacked by the Devil. A hand full of hands went up! The pastor said; for those of you who are not being attacked, start doing something for God and advancing the kingdom! Attacks will manifest themselves backed by the Evil one! Remember always the Devil hates it when we praise God. So at the height of the attack give praise to God and the Devil will flee! When he tries to bring you down, but you turn to God in praise things work against him so he looks to the next victim!
God bless! God inhabits the praise of His people! In that find rest and enjoy any remainder of your time together may His healing be swift upon you and you bride in Jesus name Amen!

They need a lesson in obeying laws. The Police need the money to help pay for operating expenses. The hotel needs to be added to Trip Advisor and other sites so other people know of the rudeness and uncaring attitudes of the hotel management and staff. My Opinion for what its worth. Hope you and Marcia are doing better now.

I related that story in Church yesterday,and they said the same thing:The Devil chose that time to kick you around,and BOY,DID HE!!!!.......Not only that way,but he was causing me to doubt my involvement in my music that lifts up the Lord,by having another acquaintence undermine all I am doing,therefore planting seeds of doubt about the Co.I am working with,even my own ability as a songwriter.Last Friday confirmed my hopes in that area,when I won third place in that contest.I left the outcome in God's hands,I really did.And,I can honestly say,I am GLAD I DID!!!!!! As for the snowmobilers,others have told me I should have contacted the police,I never even thought about it.I figured it was enough telling them I filed a complaint with the Americans with Disabilities office against their hotel,I hope it works.