Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Our first outing with the V3i and my 10 year old son is hooked!

Cedar-Acres

After spending almost a week getting to know my new V3i I took my son out for his first treasure hunt. Our first stop was an old elementary school grounds. The school is no longer then, it's a parking lot now. We spent about an hour there and worked to deal with the extensive iron and can slaw. Managed to find 2 pennys, one zinc and one copper. Also found a 1999 nickel. His favorite find was a twisted link nickle bracelet that was about 3" down under a large tree. We both thought it was a pile of can tabs when we first saw it but then realized it was a bracelet. The next stop was a row of parking meters near where I work. That was a blast for both of us! I was impressed with how close I could get to the meter poles and still get solid hits on the coins. It was also fun trying to guess how many coins were there from the hit details. Most spots held from 2 to 6 coins. We spent over an hour and were only able to do about half the row of meters, about 40 or 50 feet. The other half will have to wait for another time since it got much too hot to continue there. This is the first time I have used a pinpointer, they didn't exist the last time I was in the hobby. I must say that is a very necessary piece of equipment! Several of the pennys were in the 1930-1940 range but didn't find any silver... yet. After that we did about 30 minutes at a nearby sand volleyball court. Only made it 1/2 the way around 1 side before we ran out of time and had to go back. That is where we turned up 4 quarters. Another place for us to continue in the near future.

Nice going John, you can't beat spending time with your children when everyone is having fun.

A good hunt indeed. ROB

John, you have discovered the REAL treasure in this - or any other - hobby. You will remember this outing with your son long after you've forgotten where you dug up that last 14k ring.