Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

orlandos tree story made me think of the past weekend

david(tx)

a friend i don't see to often wanted to get together,his wife was going to shreveport for the weekend to visit relatives and he wasn't going,so i drove to dallas to see him.

i seldom drive to dallas and when i go i usually just hit a few stores on the east side of town in the suburbs that we don't have around here,i seldom venture to old stomping grounds.

he wanted me to cruise town with him to see all the changes,i read just the other day that the dallas/ft.worth region had 6.1 million,a bunch more than when i lived there.

there was a bunch of new building and a big new mixmaster where two major roads run together and they aren't rolling up the sidewalks in some areas after dark like they use too.

but the thing i noticed most was all the greenery,the office parks,malls,and neighborhoods built 25-30 years ago that had all those small trees planted are now maturing,there are mature trees and bushes there now and it really makes a difference.

not stark,barren grounds but some charcter surrounds them.nature does all right,she repairs herself pretty good.made me think of some oaks that i pruned about 7 years ago,the bottom limbs are sagging and they need it again,and some cedar trees that were small are now providing some privacy.

i enjoyed the drive down memory lane,i'm going back and were going to hit the town and area where we graduated from high school and look at the changes there.

the designer of this old world knew what he was doing.

Windsor's not a big city......about 210,000 people. I can't tell you how many times I've driven by an area and ask........when did they do that ? And so many houses going up, at times it looks like Fort Apache ! It had to be nice to see some greenery, for a change !

it is fun to just drive around and remember. It is amazing how much things have changed but it happened so slowly that it is easy to forget.

The changes are incredible and not all for the better

n/t

In the early seventies, I hiked 1.5 miles in to an overlook to see Yosemite falls and Half Dome. When I had my family out there in 92, you could drive to the same place.