Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Original Sovereign Tones

Relicpro

Did the original Sovereign have multiple audio tones like the Excalibur and newer Sovereigns or was it a single tone detector??
Thanks
Robert

n/t

All are multi-toned .The XS has an internal jumper switch and others [like my ELITE] has a toggle to switch from constant to variable. Why anyone would want a constant tone, I do not understand, but you have the option without modifying. sam in ms

I am thinking of buying an original model Sovereign(the one with the iron mask off/on switch) for my wife as a beach detector. The seller told me that it has single tones. I was hoping that it had multi tone ID like my Excalibur does. I just want to make sure that I don't buy a detector I can't use.
Thanks
Robert

I have the original and it has multi-tones. Maybe the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. If the machine is in your area go check it out, I wouldn't buy it if it only has a single tone unless he's selling it dirt cheap as it would most likely need repair.

Relicpro said:
I am thinking of buying an original model Sovereign(the one with the iron mask off/on switch) for my wife as a beach detector. The seller told me that it has single tones. I was hoping that it had multi tone ID like my Excalibur does. I just want to make sure that I don't buy a detector I can't use.
Thanks
Robert

Robert the sov comes from the factory with multi tones and a threshold in disc. Both of these features can be changed by someone who knows where the jumper is inside on the board. In other words it can be made to work with a single tone and silent search(no threshold) in disc.
I believe if someone can put up wildheres site he shows where the jumpers are. Ive done the silent search jumper myself, its real easy actually.

Neil

Google 'sovereign mods by wildhere' to find that sight.hasn't been maintained for a long time,but still up.you should also contact Dave at DIXIE DETECTORS.He works on all sovs and retuned mine.sam in ms

this link/url moderation is starting to suck big time, especially when it has nothing to do with sales competition of site supportes