Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Original Silver Sabre and 3X18 cleansweep coil?

surf fisherman

Picked up a hardly used brown metal box Silver Sabre with a 7" concentric coil at a swapmeet for real cheap with headphones. I plan to keep it in my truck all the time for that any spur of the moment detecting and was planning on getting a 3x18 Cleansweep coil for it for S.Cal beaches here and parks for the wife and friends to use. Lighter than my GT! Will the Cleansweep coil work with the all metal lower shaft that came with the Sabre's 7" coil or do you have to use a fiberglass rod? The lower metal rod is 22" long and the upper rod has no camlock to lock the lower rod, only the metal spring clips to lock it. I see if you buy the Cleansweep new it comes with a fiberglass lower rod but I think it is a shorter lower rod.
Thanks for any info.

HH....... >)))"> surf fisherman

and will interchange with the older models. It does not matter if the upper pole has a lock nut or not.

Thanks!

I'm new to Tesoro detectors. Seems like a good little unit. What about the preset ground balance with the Cleansweep coil? Is it best to send it in for calibration?

n/t

surf fisherman said:
Thanks!

I'm new to Tesoro detectors. Seems like a good little unit. What about the preset ground balance with the Cleansweep coil? Is it best to send it in for calibration?

According to Rusty @ Tesoro, having them calibrate a coil switch is the only way you can be assured that your silver is working to factory specs.

Jim

Never used a cleansweep coil... but the 7" coil you got with it is a great coil. Especially in trashy situations. The Cleansweep to me might be a bit too big for a trashy area and better in a cleaner type situation like a pasture or something of that nature. just my thoughts. You may find it works well but the 7" is a great coil.... I say use it for a while then decide to spend the money on the cleansweep...