Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Original CZ6 "question"

YosamiteDig

I found an original cz6 I'm wanting to buy. I checked it out and it works good but it has the 4 pin coil hookup.
1.) Are there any places to buy the extra coils with the 4 pin connector?
2.) Can I convert this to the 5 pin like the cz6a without any problems?
Appreciate the help

In reading posts about the CZ6 over the years, it seems coils are hard to find. Not sure if you are going to try to do the conversion or have some one else do it. If you are looking for someone who may be able to help, you may want to look up Keith Willis.

Are both 4 and 5 pin coils hard to find?
If I get the detector, I was planning on doing the conversion myself. I just need to know what style pin it will take to accept the newer 6a coils. Anyone know where I can get the pin for the conversion?

No problem with getting a coil with a 5 pin connector. Good question on where you can get parts for a conversion. Not sure if FT would sell it to you. Never hurts to ask.

I would send it back to Fisher and let them do the conversion. Not only does the coil and detector socket need replacing, the headphone jack gets replaced as well. More than likely you will also get your detector tested and checked during the upgrade. I wouldn't spend a lot on the plain CZ-6 as it will probably be over $100 for the conversion.

When I had my CZ-6 years ago, the coil connector used to get so intermittent it drove me crazy, it was worth the fix.

Keep in mind the CZ6 was made in 92-93 and then changed over to the CZ6A so its got some years on it so personally would elect to look for a newer model CZ with 5 pins as the cost of getting it changed over is cost inefficient...and honestly not sure if Fisher even does it anymore with parts being a problem due to its age. Now if you can pick up a good working CZ6 cheaply they still are a good unit and many are still being used 17-18 years later.....

they are in deed a "outrageously" good unit! .a cz-6 is every bit as deep as a modern cz-3d!
same circuitry,just older is all!..ya had to be very careful with the "pigtail" as it had a tendency to break easy,
hence ,the changeout!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If you decide not to purchase this machine and it is in good operating condition, let me know as I have been looking for one to purchase. I had one when they first come out, kept it for 15 years and sold it to get a newer machine. Big mistake, really would like to have another one. Rick IL.

tippyhound said:
If you decide not to purchase this machine and it is in good operating condition, let me know as I have been looking for one to purchase. I had one when they first come out, kept it for 15 years and sold it to get a newer machine. Big mistake, really would like to have another one. Rick IL.
I went with a 1236. They sold the 6a. Guess I probably hesitated to long on it.