Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Original CZ-20 with rubber pinpoint button. Any care suggestions to prevent a future leak?

I don't use my pp button, because if it decides to leak [about the only thing that ever goes on a CZ-20] the new owners of Fisher, will require the whole face be replaced - been there, done that with another CZ-20 I had, with a leaking pp button.
So anyway, does anyone know of any treatment to help keep it from cracking etc and leaking? Like silicone paste or something?
Thanks! Chuck

heard that the main problem with them is sticking. If you never touch it I wouldn't worry about it. I never ever touched mine. So I have no answers BUT I am sure silicone would work.

i had a cz20 and the top seal leaked all white froth came out of it and it made a whisteling noise, thee internal bolt had come loose,

nothing its just pot luck i guess the top seal is factory set and should never leak, just keep an eye on the seal and if the gap seems to get wider or you hear a rattle in the box its coming loose.

I don't know the machine at all or what the material on the PP button is made from. However, people who use dry suits need to protect their wrist and neck seals that are usually made of a thin flexible compound. Might be a combination of rubber and silicone. Just don't know for sure. What I do know is those seals have to be replaced every so often. What kills them is the exposure to UV, weather, hot/cold, and the surrounding air itself. Dive shops sell a 'dressing' that you rub into your seals and it's supposed to protect them and make them last longer. It's applied somewhat similar to what you do when rubbing waterproofing on your leather boots. My thought would be to keep it out of the UV when not detecting and store it in a cool dry areas when not being used. Also, put some of the dry suit, seal dressing on the rubber boot on the PP button. Jim

Another option is to remove the switch and seal the hole. My CZ20 had this done before I got it. This was done by an independent Fisher factory authorized service tech before FT bought Fisher. A while back Mike Scott had posted servicing options for the CZ20's and this fix was the lowest cost fix option for the factory to do if there is a switch / seal problem. You would have to contact them first and let them know you want to just have it removed and sealed. They may not do just this switch remove and seal if the unit won't pass the pressure test; that's probably when the whole plate gets replaced.
tvr