Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ordered a new nel thunder for the at pro

petew

Supposed to have the depth of a tornado with better separation, and lighter. Hope it gets here soon...Big thanks to Craig at showmetreasure.

tarajudy said:
SENT MINE BACK! Always read 99 on everything it hit on.

I just read your prior post, and 3 months ago you said that same quite about the at pro , reading 99 on everything.

So, seeming the thunder coil was not even announced let aline sold 3 months ago, I'd say your spreading bad info on this coil.It just arrived in the states a few days ago also, so you defiantly didn't own a thunder coil.

petew said:
tarajudy said:
SENT MINE BACK! Always read 99 on everything it hit on.

I just read your prior post, and 3 months ago you said that same quote about the at pro , reading 99 on everything.

So, seeming the thunder coil was not even announced let aline sold 3 months ago, I'd say your spreading bad info on this coil.It just arrived in the states a few days ago also, so you defiantly didn't own a thunder coil.

NEL COILS IN GENERAL ON MY AT PRO. I have been detecting longer then you have been alive. first GARETT WAS 1969 BFO.

I've looked at the early info on this new coil. Looks promising and I was on the brink of ordering one last night but may wait for more field reports. I did see one UTube Vid. Dimensions / weight seem reasonable.
Early adopters - please post up when you get some time with this under your belt :thumbup:!

If it is lighter than the Storm and with better separation it will be a killer coil! I use the Sharpshooter and the Storm on my AT Pro and love both coils! I have found more good targets in the past year with these coils than I ever did with the stock Garrett DD coil.

Dears. Yes the nel coil better than the stock coil 100% so you can choose which model you want but in my opinion the thunder coil it's third coil in nel family coil can given to you what you want with 11 inch depth until 14 or also 15 inch with great sound and good sensitivity . Regards

[size=medium]I recently ordered the NEL Thunder for my Garrett AT Pro. I received the coil yesterday. So, I had to connect it and take a few swings in the back yard before dark. Here are my first impressions. I have to admit, I'm a little worried that I may have to send the coil back. I connected the coil and made sure the interface between the coil cable and the AT Pro was secure and snug. I then reset the AT Pro and attempted to ground balance as per the instructions included with the coil. The detector probably did not ground balance properly as it was chattering the entire time. I used the auto balancing feature of the AT Pro. The soil in my back yard is relatively non-mineralized and the detector with the stock coil usually auto balances at about 80. I was balancing over an area with no metal in the ground. After attempting to ground balance, I moved the sensitivity up to a couple of notches below maximum. Then I began taking a few swings with the coil. It chattered as if I was detecting over a chain link fence. In addition, the connection between the coil itself and the shaft of the AT Pro was very loose, even after I tightened the included screw to the point I was afraid it might break. The coil still hung on the detector very loosely. I'm concerned.

I'm going to test the coil in real conditions this Saturday (1/14/2017) at an old school and a field next to the school. I really hope I don't have to send the coil back. At $209, my expectation is that this coil is stable and finds deeper coins than my stock coil.

I will keep the group updated.

Mike Lamonds
Rocky Mount, NC[/size]

[size=medium]Quick update to my post above. I decided to give the NEL Thunder another try last night in my front yard. I detached and reattached the coil to the detector. Reset the AT Pro. Ground balanced the coil with sensitivity at 50 percent or less. The coil was still a little chatty, but, after a minute or two of swinging it calmed down and I was able to move the sensitivity up to one or two notches below the maximum. I didn't dig any targets, but, signals were strong and distinct. I decided to use the stock Garrett bolt and nut to affix the coil to the detector shaft. The Garrett bolt and nut worked considerably better than the one supplied by NEL with the coil. I will give you a full review after my hunt tomorrow.

Mike Lamonds
Rocky Mount, NC[/size]