Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OPINIONS NEEDED

BRUSH HOG

Hello All: I'm new to this forum, but not to dirt fishing. I know I'm asking for it... but I am in the market/interest in purchasing a GolD Specific machine. I would like to see opinions on various models and your likes and dislikes. I currently use a Fisher 1270, 1265, Minelab Soveriegn and a Whites Coin master and don't get very good results with any of them when in gold bearing areas here in Virginia. Thanks !!!!!! Jeff

That we really do not have gold bearing areas as per se in South Texas...and thus not any gold seeking metal detector usage that I am aware of.

May I suggest that you try the Fisher, White's, and Garrett Forums as they manufacturer some good gold machines. Good luck in your quest for gold! Kelley (Texas) :)

The White's gold master series work well on small to large gold. the GMT's are top of the line. GM 4/B is reasonably priced now and a gold getter.

Hi Brush Hog, I haven't used the newer Goldmaster but did for a short bit use a goldmaster ll & didn't really like it...I then picked up a Minelab GP Extreme & then a GP 3000...boy talk about apples & oranges. I don't think there is such a thing as a GOLD SPECIFIC machine...They all will pick up any kind of metal & have no discrimination as such.. My opinion here is that it really depends on what type of GOLD you are looking for...Larger or smaller pieces...The Minelab GP series are top of the line when it comes to match head size & up nuggets & are unaffected by ground mineralization but you are best advised to stay away from trashy areas. I've dug boot tacks at over 12 inches with them but you can rest assured that IF your coil passes over a nugget they WILL react. Now if you are planning on hunting Bedrock type areas with very little overburden a gold bug ll would probably be a good starting point...One drawback on the Minelab is the battery...It weighs about 5 lbs. & is worn on a harness on your back, but there is a system on the market now that weighs a lot less & can be mounted on the arm cuff...It's called the coiltek pocket rocket & is a GREAT little system....Only one drawback...Costs about $300 A good site you might want to visit is nuggetshooter.com there is a forum there run by Bill Southern...He also has a store & is a minelab dealer...Anyway go on the forum & ask your question there also & I guaratee you'll get some really good advice....Tom