Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Operating Temps For Your ACE Detector.

A lot has been said about using warmers to keep the batteries going in your detector. It's a fact that cold temps will reduce the life of a battery. As for the machine itself......

I'm sure that most of the Garrett machines are about the same but this info is from there web site about the G-500.

Operating temp 0 to 140 degrees F. (that's damn cold and way to hot for me)

Storage -20 to 150 degrees F. (I won't be there either way.....)

I have used my 250 in freezing temps. I gave out long before the 250 did and had no problems and didn't use any warmers. Battery life might have been shortend but I was done long before that....ehehe.

Happy tecting.....

Mary warned me about 12 years ago that if the GTA 500 I was using crapped out while hunting in the cold, it wasn't covered with the warranty. I waited until the warranty expired and used it often well below freezing temps. All it did was slow down the LCD readout time.

<center>
cold2.jpg

John, you are certainly a dedicated fellow.
I hope it gets you a ton of Au!

Reminds me of Robert Service, and "The Cremation of John McGee."

"Why is that, Captain Ron?" :rofl: