Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OPEN QUESTION TIME

How long have you been detecting Crackbadger1? You have a lot of information to give to folks . Sounds like youve been at it for a real long time. Thanks, from a new Guy.

You answered my question and thanks . I was thinking U had been around a while , because u seem to get worked up over other peoples videos and postings. But like U stated 40 years at this hobby. Well I was just born then . But what is constructive critcism worth?

I have a question Mr. crackbadger sir-----well, actually four questions! :) (1) How is the (in the water) buoyancy factor of the stock coil on the AT Pro?----(2) How much excertion (or lack of) is required to swing same (again, when in the water).----(3) Based on your past experience--do you anticipate the waterproof seals on this detector (AT PRO) to hold up (last) as well as some of the "competitors" models?----(4) Under average (normal) hunt criteria, how long would you anticipate these waterproof seals to last before needing replaced (again, based on your past experience in this area)?-----------Thank you sir, Del

Dos the AT-Pro have SAT, Thanks Mickfin

D&P-OR said:
I have a question Mr. crackbadger sir-----well, actually four questions! :) (1) How is the (in the water) buoyancy factor of the stock coil on the AT Pro?----(2) How much excertion (or lack of) is required to swing same (again, when in the water).----(3) Based on your past experience--do you anticipate the waterproof seals on this detector (AT PRO) to hold up (last) as well as some of the "competitors" models?----(4) Under average (normal) hunt criteria, how long would you anticipate these waterproof seals to last before needing replaced (again, based on your past experience in this area)?-----------Thank you sir, Del

HI Del,
I am not crackbadger but here are my answers to your questions, based on 48 years of detecting. HEH, HEH, HEH.

Q 1........It's OK.
Q 2.......Not Much.
Q3.......Probably.
Q 4.......1 year, 12 months, 365 days, a couple of hours and a few minutes...... Plus or minus a couple of years.:cheers:

Sorry, I am still recovering from new years Eve partayyy.

Fishers ghost

:rofl: I like you Fishers Ghost!!!!---Your 48 years SHORE beats my newbie 35! :biggrin: -----Whaaars crackbadger?? :shrug: :)--------Del

Man, HOW OLD are you?----I'm 72 years old (Feb) & thought I was "ancient"!------Seriously, I wish I would have started in this great hobby earlier in life (started in 1975). :)---------Del

Me too,but if I started much earlier I would have been in dippers. lol I'm 72 also.I was 15 if I can remember back that far.

I'm only a chicken at 64 man. But I started detecting for gold in 62 using an ww2 mine detector that myself and a school pal went 50/50 in at the grand price of 10 shillings or 1 dollar at that time. never found any gold but did find a lot of gold field relics. I was living in an old mining town and it was common for the local farmers to plough up good size nuggets in their paddocks.

Fishers ghost

I'm starting to feel like a punk kid around here now. Only 46 with about 12 years in on the detectors. :detecting:

John

G/day chuck in KY.

Cheers friend, you are the first person I know of who has detected longer than myself. It is a great hobby but at the age of 16. or was it 15? I never thought that by 64 I would still be swinging detectors and having waded my way through 38 different types.
It is still an enjoyable and relaxing pastime.

Fishers ghost

Hey Chuck---We did pretty good if we can drag ya out of "lurkin" to make a post (your 27th) after being registered 4 yrs.-----I know, I know---you've been too busy 'tectin!!----Think I'm gonna pat myself on the back no how!! :lmfao: --------Wishing everyone a Happy & mucho finds New Years---------Del

Fisher's Ghost, I was about 15 when I started beach combing on the East coast of Fl. I made a typo on another post I said 1960 but I think it was 1971 or 72 when I got my first detector, a Compass 99-1B. still have it.This old age ain't for sissies.I use to write for Treasure Magazine & did some of their cover shots, two of them featuring myself.

Told ya I was old.....I went to post something to you & hit preview & it went to never never land If I remember right I think I said thank you.

After spending a lifetime gardening and trying to find better ways to do things, Thomas Jefferson remarked: I'm an old man now, but a young gardener. I'm 57, but have
been trying to metal detect off and on for 2-3 years. It sure has exposed me to my local history and other pursuits of knowledge and just plain fun.