Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Open Center Vs Spider Coil Question...

candycane

I see on Tesoro's web site under coils,they list the 8" round open center concentric coil and the 9x8 concentric coil.Except for an inch difference in width,is $50.00 more in price worth the money and is there really a difference in performance....Brandy.

I think the old "brownie" 8" was one of the best coils around. Is the 9 x 8 better? Probably. Hey, it's only $50.

I've used and do use both and IMHO the 9X8 will give around an inch better performance all else being equal. Unless you really need the extra depth, you aren't being handicapped much. I seem to do well with either.
BB

I like both those coils.

I would put the $50 toward a 5.75.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

just my opinion , the 8" concentric is a coil worthy of the trash can i hated it thats why i got a compadre i should have just bought the 5.75 rather than the compadre the 8x9 is deeper and way better at centering it is a masterfullpiece of enginering really a great coil but thats why it comes whith a 8" then you have to buy two other coils i wish they would let the buyer chose thear coil

I like both coils. I've put the 8x9 on and have used it as my main coil. It goes much deeper then the stock 8 inch coil in our Indiana soils.

and thats because it is a touch more precise in pinpointing(in my opinion) because of that smaller receiver coil.

J.

I'm a bit surprised that some dislike the 8" coil as it has worked very well for me as has the 9X8. That said, when it comes down to it, use what you like as long as you're getting good results, who cares?
HH
BB