Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OOOPS, I did it again.. Nope, didn't meet Britany spears..... Back from OBX

Mark ( ohio )

Well got back yesterday. 9 hrs door to door. Thankfully the hurricane that started in florida and moved up almost to the ohio valley really didn't have much effect on our weather except cloud cover. Conditions were a thousand times better than last yrs trip.

Anyway here the run-down... Detected 5 1/2 days for a total of around 23 hrs of swinging. Low tide areas were very soft sand indeed so any gold had sunk down deeep. The nox 600 ran great.
Beach 1 sens at near max ( 23) and ran all metal a lot of the time. Totals: 7 quarters, 2 dimes 4 pennys, 1 junk ring, 1 silver ring 1 gold earing stud with real diamond ?? dont have a tester so who knows. And 5-6 fishing weights.. That's it !!

30 yrs ago, Used to come back with 20-30 bucks in change. It was like that for about 10 yrs, than it got less and less and less. Now I really go for alittle exercise and enjoy the beach sites. Can't say I'll make anymore trips down, but I wish the change days would sure come back. Take care folks... Mark ( ohio )

Like you said, if it’s not there, it’s not there.
I have noticed a decrease in coins even inland the last few years Mark.
In the 18 years since I started it is nothing like it was back even then.
That soft sand is not a good sign as you already know.
All the heavy items are too deep to detect.
The conditions at a beach as far as metal detecting goes can change overnight…. Storms can help or hurt things.
At least you can say you have it your best.
And you got a coupe goodies!!!👍