Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Only 10.4% of forum read, then OMG!

So, there I was, trying to read all the pages of the forum relating to the 250, as well as various techniques and things like how and when to clean coins. I've been doing this in preparation to receiving my 250, which I was informed by the seller would arrive Friday, January 8th via FedEx, with signature required. So I made it a point to make sure to reserve
that day for the big event, while continuing to educate myself.

I was reading page 42 when my dog created a commotion at the gate. Some guy was there. When I approached the gate he started pushing a large box on top of it (the gate, not the dog) as I approached. It was then that I noticed the FedEx truck. Yup, you're right - the 250 was delivered earlier than expected.

Well, I've come up short on educating myself - I've 360 more pages to go (plus archives??).

Guess I'll have to just "hit the ground running" tomorrow, starting with a couple of tot lots and maybe traveling to another county where my club's archery range has entombed many stray arrows within the practice range.

It'll be comparably cold tomorrow for south Florida, but I'll be hunting during the daylight and studying more of the forum in the evening.

It would be great if my Propointer arrives earlier than scheduled too!

HH,
Mike

Good luck and be ready to dig because the 250 is not a toy it really is a great detector for the price.

Have a lot of fun and good luck
Im looking at 20 degrres Hi minus wind chill so
Ill be reading your posts as my hunting for a
while!!!

Happy Safe Fun Hunts

Ron
Rangers Lead The Way

Your gonna love the ACE 250 and proppointer!! I can't live without mine HH

Those arrows are gonna chime like a bell for you.
For tot-lots and areas like that I would start in coin mode or jewlrey. The reason being is you are mostly hunting for such items anyway and as a newbie you just kind of want to get the feel for things.
Jewlrey mode will ring up wadded aluminum foil and you will find a lot of it near playgrounds.
Keep your coil level when swinging and learn to use the unit with each arm.
Have fun and feel free to ask any Ace question that comes to you.

yeppers youll love that ace 250 as i do...:clapping::detecting::garrett:i just got my pro pointer today and wanting to get out and use it but my body says no to this cool weather were having here in central fla..

]Yes, John

It was a whopping, and unusual, 32 degrees down here in Broward (south Florida) yesterday. "Snowbirds" must have been thinking "I left the cold northern weather for this??/i] I waited for it to warm up a bit and started hunting at a local tot lot at 11:32. I finished just a couple of hours later (gotta get used to this new "arm extension") with the following "haul":

One Nylock nut.
One rusty screw.
One plastic-coated padlock shackle which had met its fate with a bolt cutter.
1/2 of a tot's clothing snap "Gymboree". No toddler attached :drinking:
3 bottle caps, 2 of which are Budweiser, the third unreadable.
One 1989 nickle.
One 2006 penny.

Well, that's a beginning and there's nothing to do but improve with practice and luck, so I consider the time to be well spent. Within a week I should receive my ProPointer, and I look forward to it's efficiency.

I'd like to be able to post future "findings" pictures, but my default photo software is Kodak Easy Share, and I'm not familiar with how to retrieve an image from it and get it posted on the forum - any suggestions??

Thanks John,

Mike

Awesome!:bouncy:Hey, that's great that you got your Ace!:detecting:It's very good that you've been researching about it in the archives, but I strongly suggest that you watch the instructional DVD and read the owner's manual. Then watch the instructional DVD and read the owner's manual:biggrin: There's a ton of useful information on the machine within the book and video. It's great that you're getting out and swingin' already. That Ace is a coin magnet.:happy:
A really great book for the novice or veteran detectorist is " The New Successful Coin Hunting" by Charles Garrett. About ten bucks and well worth it. Probably get it for less used on Amazon. Best of luck to ya':garrett: Keep us posted. Happy Hunting!:)