Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One of those days....didn't find any coins but I found a.....

mariposa

Hi Everyone,

I had one of those days as to where I was too much in a rush to get out hunting. I've been walking on this estate to keep an eye out for the owners for many years. I got permission from the housekeeper to hunt a few times before the grass gets green and before the owners come back (they are very private people).
I promised to be very, very careful with my digs. I was getting a lot of signals but I promised myself that I would only dig the almost certain ones because of the new sod that was laid down a few yrs ago. I got a nice signal and proceeded to cut a neat hole. Went to get the probe but realized that I forgot it. Went to get the plastic bag to put the plug dirt on... but forgot that too. I found a small bullet cap. I was putting the plug back with the utmost care likened to that of a surgeon and got up happy with the result - you couldn't tell anything was dug (the dig was in the area of the outside dining terrace). Well, I turned around only to find a couple of happy pups with their butts in the air and their noses in their 5th hole! :yikes: I ran from hole to hole trying to repair them the best I could and finally resolved to bringing back grass seed. :help: By the time I finished with that, my hands were frozen so I clawed through my bag to get my gloves ... and I forgot those too. :rage: So, with great disappointment, I rounded up my two troublemakers and headed back home. As we were walking by the big boulder in the front fairway (you can see it in the picture), I saw what I've been looking for in the woods for years - a shed antler! I consider this to be a good omen. My disappointment and blunders turned into a pleasant surprise! I hope you can see the pics good enough - I've been learning to use a new pic manager.
Things like this just prove that you never know what you'll find! By the way, I love this estate so much- not only is it stunning but I wish I could win the lottery just so I could hunt it! Hope everyone is well!

Regards,
Mariposa :geek: