Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One of those (bad) days....

Parkit

I'm sure it happens to everyone at some point, but I really hate it when a plan goes bad.

MY plan for Labor Day was to hit a school about 45 minutes from where I live (nice football stadium, relatively old, easy access), then continue up the road another 10 miles for more of the same at another school with about the same layout.

So I loaded up the small cooler, got all my gear ready, charged the GPS and cell phone, and was on my way mid-morning. I got to the first place and .... the football team was doing a scramble on the field. On Labor Day. Moms and Dads all over, kids running wild, go to Plan B which is hit the "second" school first. Drive up the road, get to the school and .... the football team was doing a workout on the field. Doh!, Strike Two. Luckily, on my way from the first school I spied an ABANDONED DRIVE-IN (an extremely RARE sight these days) and that became Plan C.

I parked just off the road, no fences or gates or No Trespassing signs to be seen. Hard-packed gravel, tall grass, but I was working an abandoned drive-in theater so who cares? About five minutes into it I hear a yell over my headphones, sure enough there's a lady standing by my truck motioning for me. $@*&!! Sure enough, "we usually don't allow people out here" and she kept apologizing to me. I asked "well not USUALLY or NEVER? And what would it take to get permission?" She just kept saying "I'm sorry" and said her Dad used to own the place, now she does, and she just doesn't allow people out there. I was tempted to tell her that you can get No Trespassing signs for about a quarter, but I think she probably enjoys too much getting a call from whatever neighbor ratted on me and driving up in person to evict people.

On the initial drive up I'd noticed another school, it looked worth a shot so I just headed there. I parked, geared up, strode towards the back, and ran right up on a guy using a GTax 350 on the grounds. He'd already pulled a war nickel, he had been working the school off and on for months, and he was digging all the trash out to get to the deeper, better targets. He invited me to join him, but I knid of have a thing about horning in on someone else's hard work so I begged off. Strike Four. I did ask this guy about the drive-in, he said he had a chance to hunt it once (when it was leased to someone else to make a go of it) but he never took it. That hurt.

So that was $20 in gas wasted, half a day busted and not a target to show for it. Hopefully this was just a big load of "bad Karma" that I got rid of and my next trip out will yield a $20 gold piece. Not.

Just venting,

Steve

Stuff DOES happen Steve .... Ive had a time or
two where i got booted out ... Masybe you can get
to know that lady and get permission a bit later
cant hurt ..Im like you i dont really
like to :detecting:around someone unless we
came together .. thats jus tme tho

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way

Sorry, don't mean to chuckle at your misfortune, but probably all of have had a frustrating day like that. And yep, HS football started last week. Better luck next time/

MrGee

Hang in there Parkit, the next time your out might be nothin' but great! You got this bad day behind you so be ready for a good one !! :)

:usaflag:A good day is knocking on your door.

Thanks for the upbeat thoughts! I rarely have a day as poop-filled as that one, usually I can at least fill a pocket with clad to make myself feel better. I'm gonna wait for the weather to cool off, wait for some rain to turn the hardened ground soft, then hit the downtown sidewalks where seated coins wait for my coil to pass over. !!!!!CHARGE!!!!!!

Thanks again,
Steve