Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One of the greatest inventions of the 21st Century is

Royal

the DVR!!

I have Direct TV and a DVR recorder that I got from them. I watch the news every morning or at least try. I generally watch Fox and Friends but it is really getting to be a PITA!

There is very little news being offered. First they tell you what they are going to tell you the next segment. Then they have a 3 and a half minute commercial. Then they come back and joke around a bit and give you a piece of news and then tell you what you are going to hear soon and break for a commercial-usually some commercial about a fat chick that lost some weight and not her husband says she is hot. No kidding. He wants to get laid. Then it is back to the three stooges telling what they are gonna be doing on the weekend or what their neighbors dog did last night. THen a piece of news and then they again tell what is coming up. Break for commercial and watch the fat lady or the stupid asses Billy Mays commercials.

Now with the DVR I get up at 5:30 or 6, turn on Fox and friends and pause it. I go start the coffee and then head down to check the web. I mess around down here for 15 minutes and then go up and get a cup of coffee and head back down to surf a little.

After an hour or so I go up and set down to watch the news. I fast forward through all the pap and commercials which leaves me with about 15 minutes of news, some of that I fast forward through.

It works great. I don't have to watch some fat bimbo bragging that she is now getting laid and I don't have to watch that Chubby little guy with the dyed hair, Billy Mays brag about how crappy a house keeper he is. Have you seen his bath tub and toilet? :surprised:

It is well worth the extra I pay for it. It will copy two shows at one time. Some times I put the news on pause or just tape it and watch another show at the same time.

to figure out how to program him on bringing my coffee to me at the precise time that I need it each morning as it varies! :rofl: