Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One more MXT coil question

Moe (FL)

I have an MXT with the 950 stock and a 4x6DD coils. I like both of these coils. Each works well in Florida. I have heard that the Whites 6x10 DD coil is very good. I am wondering if it is better than the 950 stock coil. Does it give more depth? If yes how much more (1", 2")?

I tried the DeepScan DD1400 and didn't like it. Was very heavy and unstable. The 6x10 DD seems similar to the 950 stock coil but based on the field reviews it may be an improvement. Thoughts?

Happy Hunting!
Moe (FL)

In low mineralization environments, like is common in Florida, the standard 950 provides more depth than the 6 x 10 DD.

Enjoy.

Thanks Jeff!

What is the max depth you can expect with the MXT stock coil at the +3gain? (in low mineralization of Florida)

I have found quarters at 7-8 inches and a dime at 7. Is it reasonable to expect 10 inches? What coil would give you 12-15 inches for coins?

HH.
Moe (FL)

12 to 15 inches would be a 75% gain in depth on the MXT. no coil is going to give you that. With the Super12 you may get a 2 inch increase from max depth. as far as what the max depth is on the stock? no one knows. I would say 8-10 inches. I have found CW bullets at 10-12 but they were whispers of a threashold change. no solid hits. 2 inches out of a Super 12 is a 25 % increase in depth. that is nothing to sneeze at. Truth is no DD in neutral soil is going to improve depth greatly the stock coils are designed to give you max depth for the gain the machine puts out.

"What is the max depth you can expect with the MXT stock coil at the +3gain? (in low mineralization of Florida)"

In dry, very low mineralization, depth will approach "in-air" performance.

For very low mineralization ground, larger concentric coils, like the Sierra Hot Shot or the new 12" Spider coil will reach deepest for coin-sized targets.

Here's a tip for very low mineralization beaches:

When using the "SALT" setting to allow the ground-balance to cancel saltwater near the water's edge, there isn't any iron-based mineralization to move the tracking away from the salt region when one moves to dry sand. When the ground-balance stays set in the salt region, there is a significant reduction in sensitivity to low-VDI targets like U.S. nickels and small jewelry. For very low mineralization dry sand, it can help to lock the ground-balance "out of the way" at either 50 or 83 to improve dry sand sensitivity to low-VDI targets in very low mineralization environments. (Simply toggling the "TRAC" switch to "GROUND" won't move the ground cancellation out of the salt region.)

Enjoy.