Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One little indian, but its a good one

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Got out for a short hunt this evening, using the 6 inch on a old trading post. I rehunted the actual building site which is a bed of iron, last Sunday I pulled the brass key from there with the stock coil. My settings were field 1 recovery 8 iron bias 2 sensitivity 24. Total was 14 non ferrous targets from a 25 foot radius with the 6 inch and just 6 targets with the stock coil.
Still looking for the key date Indian :shrug:
HHJeff

Laplander,

That is a nice looking IHC.

I'll make a note of your settings. Last week I spent a few days at a couple of Monte's favorite old places. Bed of nails with rusty pieces of tin everywhere. 1860's era. I had some success with park 1, recovery 7 iron bias 2. sensitivity btwn 19-21. I ran 5 tones with All metal. Had iron volume turned way down. 0-11, 12-13, 14-17, 18- up. Picked up some keepers in a very difficult place. 1600's Chinese Cash Coin, 1866 Shield Nickel w/rays, early wheatie, a few other coin sized objects. Nails were the easy part, deep little pieces of rusting tin the hard part.

Appreciate the settings. Gives me things to try.

Rich (Utah)

Nice Indian Jeff I myself wish I could find more of those
Mark

Rich (Utah) said:
Laplander,

That is a nice looking IHC.

I'll make a note of your settings. Last week I spent a few days at a couple of Monte's favorite old places. Bed of nails with rusty pieces of tin everywhere. 1860's era. I had some success with park 1, recovery 7 iron bias 2. sensitivity btwn 19-21. I ran 5 tones with All metal. Had iron volume turned way down. 0-11, 12-13, 14-17, 18- up. Picked up some keepers in a very difficult place. 1600's Chinese Cash Coin, 1866 Shield Nickel w/rays, early wheatie, a few other coin sized objects. Nails were the easy part, deep little pieces of rusting tin the hard part.

Appreciate the settings. Gives me things to try.

Rich (Utah)
Just don't be afraid to try some different setting, as I can't tell how your soil conditions are. Sounds like our setting are very similar other than the modes. The 6 almost doubled my finds on this site after covering it with the stock coil and the same settings, just one coin though.

Nice one Jeff! I hope to go out in a day or two if it dries a bit. The grass is getting tall so I will wait for my top secret fields to dry out!

laplander said:
Just don't be afraid to try some different setting, as I can't tell how your soil conditions are. Sounds like our setting are very similar other than the modes. The 6 almost doubled my finds on this site after covering it with the stock coil and the same settings, just one coin though.

Oh, and I was using the 6". Shoulda mentioned that.

Over the last year plus, I've been trying the different modes when I find what I think is a good target, changing up recovery, iron bias and sensitivity and running up through the frequencies seeing if something improves the clarity of signal or better separation or depth. In the case of the ghost towns, looking for something to help make the small rusty tin sound more like iron and less like a keeper.

Rich

Nice Jeff, Keep them coming