Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

one good thing

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Went out for a quick hunt as over night lows was 8 above, the high was 14 for the day. The spot is in the timber so the ground wasn't impossible the dig. The ring was the first target reading around 10. the only other finds were a few pieces of lead.
The ring is gold plated brass and has been resized {about a 6} and features stars and the word union on it twice.
The house is on the 1870 only map and I found an Eagle Infantry button here earlier, with this provenance I feel this is a Civil war Patriotic ring. Doing the google search doesn't produce any results.
When I go hunting I like to find one good thing!
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20200117_200404.jpg
    20200117_200404.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200117_200419.jpg
    20200117_200419.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Very nice and the information was nice to read.
What state.

Doug

sgoss66 said:
WOW, Jeff! You really braved the elements, on that hunt, but you DID recover your "one good thing!" NICE!

Steve
This is the second cold season with your carbon shaft and it was a brush beater of a hunt, with downed tree limbs and buck brush over 3 feet tall. This was last year in single digit temps.

"Went out for a quick hunt as over night lows was 8 above, the high was 14 for the day. The spot is in the timber so the ground wasn't impossible the dig."

Lol...your a better man than I, I admire your passion!! Nice little ring, congrats!!!

Interesting theory and very unique find if it fits into that age period.. certainly appears to be old... great find...

Dan(NM) said:
"Went out for a quick hunt as over night lows was 8 above, the high was 14 for the day. The spot is in the timber so the ground wasn't impossible the dig."

Lol...your a better man than I, I admire your passion!! Nice little ring, congrats!!!
X2!! We got blasted with snow yesterday! I am going into research mode for a while...:clap:

I'll go along with your guess on the ring. Nice desperate dig

CT Todd said:
I'll go along with your guess on the ring. Nice desperate dig
Can't let cabin fever set in, we all know what happened to the Donner party lol
HH Jeff

Ted S said:
Dan(NM) said:

X2!! We got blasted with snow yesterday! I am going into research mode for a while...:clap:
We got the winter blast too Ted snow sleet freezing rain etc. Good luck hitting the books.
HH Jeff

Congrats! We are suppose to have similar conditions tomorrow. If I can I would like to get out..... Maybe I'll get as lucky to pass my coil over something cool like this!!!!

Mike K