Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One cowboy plus one CB Radio = Trouble...........

Kelley (Texas)

Back in the early 1970's, the CB Radio became popular down here in South Texas...just about every pickup truck had one and I was no exception. I remember when we first got the CB Radio for my truck, a day before we made a trip down to Corpus Christi to visit my folks.

It did not take me very long to figure out that many folks on the CB Radio liked to fuss, similar to the situation we presently have on some of the computer forums. I also found out that I could easily provoke someone into a verbal fight and just generally stir the pot...it was funny to me listening to all the fighting that resulted from something that I would say on that radio.

After visiting with my folks for several days, it was time to head back to Gonzales County. As we were going through Taft, Texas, I turned on the CB Radio. Well, some folks were talking on the radio and being bored, I clicked the old mic and broke in on their conversation. I told them that I was taking over the channel and that from now on they would have to ask me for permission to use that channel. Within minutes, there must have been a dozen people on that channel, all yelling and threatening to kick my butt if they ever found out who I was. Just about that time, I was approaching Sinton, Texas.

As I was entering Sinton, you had to go over a small overpass and at the bottom of that overpass there was a gas station. There was a traffic light right in front of that gas station. As I waited for the light to change to green, I spotted a blue colored Chevrolet car with a CB Radio antenna on the bumper that had just pulled up to one of the gas pumps. I clicked the old mic and told everyone that if they thought that they were big enough to still whip my butt, that I was driving a blue colored Chevrolet car and was stopping for gas at Sinton...bring it on and I would fight the first three that showed up. A minute or two later I heard, "I see him, he is at the first pump." Then I heard, "I see him too!" Then another voice came on the air, "He ain't taking over the channel, he is fixing to get a good azz whipping!" Then the radio went silent, no one was talking on the radio, including me. I have always wondered what happened back at that gas station and that man driving that blue colored Chevrolet car. That old CB Radio sure provided lots of entertainment back in those days. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

sitting at a desk in the hall right outside of the class room or in the Principal's office. I guess I must admit to getting into lots of mischief at school. This is a picture of me in the sixth grade, blonde hair and blue eyes, just like an angel. :rofl: Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 142369 sixthgrade.jpg]

will stir the pot. I am now just a quiet type cowboy, at least that is how I view myself. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/RoyalOttmar/Videos/?action=view&current=fred.flv

n/t