Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega sensitivity

Does it pay to run with a sensitivity greater than 70?? What sensitivity do some of you omega users run at?? The above 70 sensitivity kinda confuses me from what I've read in the manual. I'm at work now ( 59 hours this week!! ) , but am hoping to get out with it later today. Thanks for any help that you can give , CoinShooter-Craig

Craig simply put raising the sensitivity above 70 allows weaker signals from small or deep targets to be heard. It's referred to as adjusting the threshold of audibility of weak signals.

Tom

I usually run my sensitivity between 85 and max. If it starts falsing , I cut back a bit.

Quite a bit of the iron falsing at high sensitivity settings can be cured by using a well controlled proper sweep speed, ie: slowing down a bit and making wide smooth sweeps. Fortunately for us when it comes to depth capability the Omega is very sweep speed tolerant.

Tom