Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 tips and tricks

wyohunter99

I added an omega 8000 ver.4 with 11" DD coil to the arsenal. Mainly to let my son use. Looking for any tips or tricks! Not too many YouTube videos with the 8000. Thanks!

Maybe you would want to read the F5 bible. It's essentially the same insides except that the F5 has a 1-15 range for iron while the 8000 has a 1-40 range which might skew the target numbers a little. You will find something useful in there for sure. I'm posting the link that I found. It's a PDF document. I'm not sure if there is a more recent tips and tricks guide. The one from 2013 is the one that I have. It can be downloaded here at the bottom left of the page:

https://www.treasurelinx.com/fisher.html

I don't know about tips and tricks, but the Omega simply loves coins and in particular, silver ones. Do dig those (running 3 tones) mid and high tones mixed signals that stay fairly tight tid wise. Often times they are older wheats and Indian Head cents.

The 10" concentric coil is the stock coil for the Omega and it is my personal favorite. It gets nice depth, light weight, hates bottle caps and will surprise you how well it works in trash. I feel sorry for your son. Once you yourself use it, you will find it tough to give up. Good luck! HH jim tn

Great coin machine. Only suggestion would be to buy a smaller coil for those really trashy areas.

I got a bunch for ya right here:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,1885343,1885373#msg-1885373