Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Older and dumber .........

Wayne in BC

Carol is eating the Cherries as i write this, not a word of gratitude for risking my dumb azz:unsure:

Does Carol ever make cherry pies? Do the bears ever mess with the cherry trees like they do the apple trees? The cherry tree was made famous the day that Sam Houston cut one down and then lied to his father about it...think he blamed someone else, maybe a brother or cousin. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

n/t

for the young uns a pellet gun aimed at the butt teaches a lesson and sends them packing. Now that we have no dogs i may have to get nasty with the big gun if an older bear starts trashing my fruit trees.
Not many Cherries this year and herself has about got them all ate up. She is making more trips to the "John" than usual too:lol:

loaded with Cherries of course. I waited till they were ripe then cut down the spikes and harvested the cherries:biggrin:

He used a .58 caliber black powder rifle and took the branches off that way. Had the neighbour come over and ask what was happeneing. So Wayne told him and all was well. :):

That tree looks as though a pruning would work. Are those Queen Annes? Or Bings?

calm seas

Mikie

two Bings and a Royal Anne. Poor crops the last few years, no bees around and the Salmon berries bloom the same time as the Cherries, problem is that the Bumble bees like the Salmon berry blossoms better so poor pollination.

I have pruned a few trees with shotgun and rifle too:biggrin:

Being the gentleman that I am, I never let Grace perch on ladders like that unless I'm standing at the bottom..........and she's wearing a sun dress, of course. :drinking:

i have a spring well and after many years it sanded up some and that year it was very dry so only 2 ft of water 14 ft deep and a 5 ft cement casing. I decided to clean it up and put a rope ladder in, so i'm squished down in there in my insulated waders filling a steel 3 gal bucket with a small flashlight in my mouth and getting you know what kind of cramp:ban: then Carol is hoisting the bucket up by rope. Heavy as hell the bucket is and a near slip with the rope on Carols part cause me to remember to put my hardhat on!:rofl:

Geez, that's funny Wayne. :lol: I sure hope we get to tell a few tales over a few cold beers one day.

yep i am jealous that Royal lives so close to you and i'm a poor relation out here in the colonies:biggrin: someday bud:thumbup: