Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD TIMERS KNOW THEIR STUFF!

jeffpa

In 1990 I bought a whites 6000 di pro the old blue box. Being like most folks starting out I didn't really know where too hunt. Gettysburg was only 25 miles from my house but getting permission was almost impossible because all the other hunters had the places under their belts. So if you didn't know someone from there you were out of luck! I helped an older fellow with some yard work up on the mountain and one day I asked if it would be ok to detect his yard. He got a smile on his face and said so you like digging old stuff. I told him I was interested in digging civil war relics but gettysburg was out of the question. He said gettysburg! that place doesn't have sh*t on this place! He told me there was one hell of a battle behind his house. He said custer and kilpatrick attacked ewells wagon train of wounded right here during the retreat from gettysburg! He said he used too dig bullets by the coffee cans full buttons buckles ect. I asked if he had any items he could show me and he said no I sold that stuff in the 70s. I then thought here we go another bull story. Then he said I think maybe I can help you out. He drew a map and said the road has never changed but the secret is dig the big piles of dirt on the side of the road. It used to be used as a fire trail and they plowed the snow and pushed all the original top soil on the sides of the trail and down into the woods. So to make this long story short and if the pics show up this is some of the stuff I found! I could have found lots more but it was turned into a fenced in hunting camp that has been shut down last year YEPPY so 2010 is going to be the year! Here are some items that came out of the dirt piles! I only have about a few hundred more to go. lol

Hey Jeff..how about an invite:rofl: I only live 300 miles down the road in Va. TomB