Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old timer "Woody" Woodworth passes on.

packratjim

My old friend "Woody" Woodworth passed away Sunday at 4:00 pm. Woody was one of the first to use a metal detector to find gold nuggets. Woody and his buddy Herb Gibbons found a 12oz nugget with an old White's coin detector on one of their first trips. Woody also wrote articles for a couple of the treasure magazines, most notably "Western and Eastern Treasure magazine". He also wrote the manual for the Fisher VLF660 Mother Lode detector.
He was a very good fellow and I'll miss him.
Rattlesnake Jim

Very Sorry to here that, Woody,used to come to Bagby, on the Merced river, when I was working there, we talked many hours and I bought three or four detectors from him, I got to hold the Elpaso Camel and his Coarse Gold Creek nugget. + a few of his others. He was full of knowledge and will be missed. Grubstake