Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old T2 Help

Nails4Me

Hi,

I'm new to metal detecting and already hooked. I've gone back and read all the posts on this forum and learned a lot. I originally went out and bought a $300 Bounty Hunter, but about 2 weeks later already knew I was in it for the long haul so I ordered a T2 online. Here's my question/comment; I ordered my T2 from a reputable online dealer just earlier this month, I had heard earlier versions (before the update) also had potential problems with both the coil and the quality of the lower stem. I assumed that since it was dec 07 and the machine seemed to be pretty popular, that all these older machines would already be out of circulation as far as buying one new. I was wrong, mine doesn't have the update. Does this mean I could also have the other potential problems? If it had a bad coil, would the problem be obvious right away (mine seems to work fine)? Also, I can't tell if I have the older lower stem, as I don't know what the newer ones are like. I also don't know if I should go ahead and get it updated. I read about the update, and I know what it does, I'm just too new at metal detecting to know if I personally need it. Any suggestions as to what I should do would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ps-I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions down the road (if I can't find the answer in an older thread here first)

Technically I supose your dealer has done nothing wrong. I however as a dealer, would never knowingly sell anyone a older unmodified T2 unless I told them what it was. It could be that your dealer did not know it had not received the Mod.This happened with me on selling a new Garrett that did not have the Australia Chip as they called it.I don't know what you paid for it. It could be that you received a hefty discount. I would at least call my dealer and let him know how you feel and see if he will give you some help. FIRST...Call First Texas and give them the serial number and make sure that machine does not have the Mod. If you keep that machine, some day you will wish you had the Mod.

Poorman,

Thanks for the reply. You're right, I did recieve a nice sized discount compared to the other prices I was seeing, but they just advertised it on their website as a "sale", I had no idea it was because it didn't have the update. I also agree with you that they didn't really do anything wrong, guess I just don't like that now I have to part with my new machine for a while to get the update done. No big deal though. Thanks again.

I read your post and had to include my experience with the T2. First of all, the T2 is one fabulous detector. I think it is one of the hottest units going. I never use the bottle cap mode (3b) because if you start getting rusty bottle caps, they will be a bit longer in response and when you use your pinpoint, they will be a bit bigger than usual and you can discriminate that way.

First Texas has been "first class" with me. I purchased 2 units (me and a detecting buddy) and they sent me 2 T2 hats to boot in the box (from my dealer). I think you may be able to send it back if you pay the shipping and they will add the 3b mode for you but I would call first. As the fellow stated earlier, you will like the 3b mode sometime down the road when you really get good with it. The upgrade also allows you to adjust the pinpoint and the unit is just a bit more stable under power lines.

Hope this helps...

Rob in Tennessee

Rob, thanks for the info, it helped make up my mind to go ahead and get the upgrade. I'll give First Texas a call and see what can be done.