Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old silver differentiation - help please

Boggles

Hello all,

I'm looking for very old silver plate (spoons etc) for a specific task i have in mind. I know from previous posts that silver varies from Fe 11 or 12 down to 24 or more and CO signal is between about 35 and 47,and its a good sign if its repeatable - can anyone offer anymore advice - what trash can i expect has similar Fe/cos in this area? what other settings if I'm only after this in a trashy area? what depth can be expected presuming an average sensitivity.

Also is anyone from Yorkshire UK around here?

Any help would be really appreciated
Cheers
Will

Aluminum screw caps will come in around 39-40 and can be very frustrating. Fortunately the way to tell its a screw cap before digging was recently mentioned in another post and its worth repeating: Given aluminum screw caps were introduced fairly recently, they're often close to the surface and therefore 1) They pinpoint hard giving off a very loud signal. 2) They'll sound off even when you lift the coil a foot off the ground. It seems to work for me, but your mileage may vary. Good luck!

-Alex

Thanks mate, yes i tried it and everytime it was trash. So which area on the map would large silver come in do you think? thanks again

Your best bet is to find a piece of big silver and conduct an air test to determine the CO number. FE will be off naturally but CO should be close if not spot on, even when its in the ground.