Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD RUGGED CROSS:smile:

Heres one for you. Did you know ancient people before Jesus was sent to earth carried crosses? The "T" was the symbol of the ancient false god Tammuz. The Greek word for the device that was used to execute our Lord was stau'ros which meant an upright stake or pole. Another interesting thing I found is located at John 19:31. The Jews wanted the legs of those being executed broken so it would quicken their death. Now go try this. Find a bar over your head, cross your hands and lower your weight so it constricts your air flow. If you are nailed up like this, and your legs are broken so you cant raise up to get air, you will die. If you are on a cross with your arms outstretched you still will not die very quickly with your legs broken. So it doesnt make sense that Jesus was killed on a "cross".
Another thing that does not make sense to me is how a person can wear a device such as this or even have one hanging in your homes. Wasnt that supposedly a murder device? If you have a friend that was murdered with a gun or knife, would you make a replica of it, hang it on your wall, or even as a necklace?

Thank you, Bill, for the beautiful old hymn reminding of us of what Jesus did for all sinners that we might have eternal life by believing faith in Who He is God with us, Who willingly suffered and died to set us free from all our sins but we must believe and accept Jesus as our own personal Savior and Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma

the so called new world translation translates it torture stake and by no means im am I endorsing that awful deity stealing of Jesus translation just saying. The jehovah witnesses like to beat up on Christians about the cross being pagan. It is true that the greek word stauros means torture stake, but wasnt there 2 or 3 different styles used back then? I do wear a cross as a symbol of redemption the style handed to us by tradition.

Why wear a cross around your neck? If your friend was killed with a 357 magnum would you wear a bullet on a chain? My friend replied with " If my friend took that bullet for me I sure would!"

I have a cross,I wear occasionally.......I see it this way,in the words of 'The Old Rugged Cross'. : 'So I'll cherish The Old Rugged Cross'......Song also says 'On a hill far away,stood an Old Rugged Cross/Emblem of suffering and shame(or pain)',......Jesus told His followers: 'If you love Me,pick up your cross and follow Me'........I see the Cross as the symbol of God's Love,for His Son,and for us,He sent His Son,to die on that cross.It is a nasty form of torture(Passion of the Christ was VERY graphic),and that is how I see it: God's love for us,amen.

The cross,like a gun,is Only a device,it takes Evil people to use either in the wrong way.By having a cross in the home one is reminded of the sacrifice that Jesus made for a bunch of no count people.

Great answer from your friend, Mike! Jesus took all our sins upon Himself in a most horrible and suffering way! Now that is LOVE, for no greater love is there but to lay down our lives for a friend and our families! Amen! :angel: Ma

If you want to wear a cross you go right ahead and wear it. All im doing is giving you information that I have investigated. Its up to you what you do with it. I am not in a position to judge you nor "beat you up" with my views. Nor do I want to. I see this forum as a place where we can share our views. What other folks do with the information is totally up to them and I respect that.

Thats cool INFO IS GREAT IT SHEDS LIGHT ON SOME OUR TRADITIONS and some of them should be looked at when traditions become a teaching of so called light.You see how my views have flew around here lol

I believe as long as we don't bow down to or worship the cross, itself, it is okay to remember the cross, for by our worshipping the One and Only Savior, Jesus, Who bore all our sins for us upon that Old Rugged Cross, we give Him the glory and not the cross! Actually it was supposed to be a Dogwood Tree that was never to grow again large enough for someone to hang and die upon it....but that may be just an old folks tale, although its leaves are green with four white blooms with brown spots depicting Jesus' nail-scarred hands and feet, the same as the Sand Dollar of the Sea does.....there are many signs depicting the crucifixion of Jesus; therefore, it is more difficult for me not to believe in Him than for me to believe in Him! At least our cross is empty pertaining to the fact that, although Jesus died on the cross, He is no longer on it, for He has risen and is alive forever more! Jesus is real and He lives within my heart! Amen! :angel: Ma