Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old pocket watch?

Can you get more shots from different angles...Interesting that it has a cog inside it...

HH,

Could it be a pendulum? There is a very small "hole" at the bottom. Maybe a small chain or wire was threaded through it?

The second picture in your second post shows a hole in the knob on the left. It looks like if you put a rod in the hole, that would turn the knob and the part extending from the knob (shaft?), which probably has a gear on the end of it mounted vertically, which would turn the big sprocket or wheel.

The bump on the top of the crescent shaped flat surface looks like it held an arm that fit down into the open area. The tiny hole looks like a srcew fit into it for mounting to a surface.

I think you have part of a counter of some kind. but then again........

What the heck do I know.

Take care, Dave

i think it's a part of a larger mechanisim... the first thought in my mind is an old security punch clock... the kind a guard would take with... when doing his rounds.... either way.... it's an awesome find....:yo:

A great find !! Right now I'm stumped, but I like the idea that it could be part of a pendulum. Maybe off of big old clock of sorts. Definately don't think its a watch. But i've been wrong before. Ron

I am thinking the top off a letter opener now...put your envelope in the slot, and the gear looking thing is actually a cutter that would cut the envelope open??? Just a thought???

HH,

Appears to be a part of a survey instrument... Brass?

I think your spot on with the map measuring tool...The small hole would have held the small wheel that rolls on your map...Good Going Trocar!!!

See With enough minds and knowledge, anything can be IDed...

HH,

I can't see any text on it, but It definitely looks like a map measuring device. Thanks a lot for all the help and replies.

Edit : It really looks like it's german and made by Cutiecut.which would date it to around 1935-1945.