Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Paths message from Mi inspired me

Ray_Finder

Hello all:
Someone encouraged me to come more often and be a part of this forum, so, I will
take them at their word ;-)

Mike, you "Old Paths" posting has lit a fire inside of me, so that I can mention something
that some of the people here will like, and others will dis-like. Part of the posting that
you made talked about going to church, and going to get in and be a part of what is
happening there (if I am remembering it correctly), so I would like to make some of my
beliefs/experiences known here.

I believe in church membership, and attending regularly local church services. It is
biblical to do so. I know that there are circumstances that can prevent people from
doing so maybe health reasons, and to them, I say God bless you. However, there
are more and more Christians that I know that believe that they can be a church of
'one', and have forsaken church attendance on purpose, for a variety of reasons.
The NT clearly states that we are Not to forsake the assembling ourselves together.
Further, we are instructed to 'care' for one another, 'exhort' one another, 'love' each
other, and other duties/priveleges that we have to each other, that are impossible
to do unless we 'gather together' in 'assemblies', groups, large or small.

Gods word is clear throughout the OT and NT. It is just 'assumed' by the author, that
instinctively, God's people know that they are to 'come together' gather together,
assemble together for purposes that God ordains, ranging from warfare to hearing
Gods Word, to hearing prophetic utterances, to setting order into God's people.
Like it or not, God wants to restore His local Church to her original purpose, so He
can get His people ready for what is about to come. I believe that is more important
today than ever, and soon, it will define us as a people, the church in America. I
do believe that we have a glorious future, and I reject the 'doom and gloom' prophets
that cannot see beyond the end of their nose, but, at the same time, I know that if we
refuse to be 'taught and trained' how to serve one another, and learn by Doing it, we
are going to miss-out on important things in the future.

When I go to church, I do so with a purpose, namely, to be perfected (trained) by the
ministry gifts (plural) How to do the Work of the Ministry, and to be comformed more and
more into the Image of Jesus(which is our ultimate destiny, "when we shall see Him we
will be like him"). I don't go to feel good (although that many times happens), or to 'Get'
something (tho many times I do), but, I go to fulfil God's purpose for my life one day at
a time. SURE I fail sometimes, yet, I must get up, and try again. Thank God I have
people at my church who are seasoned saints that inspire me (Like Mike did), and
who tell me that I can get back up and make it.

So my question to somebody here (maybe someone who only reads posts like myself)
How can I tie-in to Gods tools and plan if I decide to rebel and never attend church?

If I CANNOT attend based on real excuses, then well. But if I Decide I will not attend,
well, that is nothing short of sin against myself and those I could be helping.

Wow, that was long ;-) Probably nobody will ask me to post again . . . Ha!

Grace and Peace to all here who love Jesus . . .

Ray . . .

Hi Ray - good to see ya posting here.

I truly believe that listening to God's word through the speaker is the utmost. I also believe that secondly to this is what one does between leaving the word spoken and returning to it. Kinda like a diet = not as importanrt what you eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas as it is between Christmas and Thanksgiving.
I have always gotten more out of following the word throughout the week than what I have gotten out of interacting with people at church. At church it's easy to talk to "fellow Christians" - what about those on the street or at work ?

Now go forth and do what's right in the Lord's eyes, steve in so az

couldnt agree more!! people without illness use almost any reason not to attend. The church services on TV are fine if your home sick and cant get out but they dont have that one on one you get from being with people ( belivers ) Thers a few services I listen to on the radio but I can call up that pastor and say " hey can we meet and just talk I have some questions. Or can you come pray with me at the hospital.
Post away Ray!
Have a Jesus filled day
Greg from Mi.

our family tries not to miss going to our church but there are times we just cannot be there.
We do know 'where two or more are gathered together in His name' He is with us. Keep posting Ray. If you know a truth from God's Word and tell no one what has anyone gained from the wisdom or knowledge He has given you? Those 'who are offended for the Word's sake' well that too is explained in the Bible.

As far as attending church regularly....I don't any more, but please know I used to drive 2 hours one way to church and back twice a week or at least once. And then I drove to IL which took one-half hour sometimes once a week and sometimes twice when services were held both Sat. nights and Sun mornings and/or Sunday nights. Ours was a small church congregation and now my pastor and his wife are retired and haven't a church building. He preaches at other churches now and then.

I don't attend now due to poor health but I do listen to Christian radio and TV, I send Christian poems and correspond my faith with others including on this CMD Forum. I call and encourage others....saved and unsaved alike. I love Jesus and He knows I love Him and I know He loves me!

But I do also know when I attended church services it was a joy to hear God's Word and serve Him in whatever talents and gifts He has given me for His purpose!

I believe my time here is short and if not by death then by the rapture of the saints! Look up, as our redemption draws nigh! God's trumpet will be sounding soon.....sooner than anyone may think!

God Bless!
Betty

Ray,
I was blessed when I read the (Paths) It was posted on another forum by a good friend and brother in Christ. I copied it to share here. I see you were also blessed! Now I have been blessed again! Your post speaks truth! Keep on coming around! :)

Thanx Pete/Betty/All: The point I was trying to make is, if we are able to attend,
then attend we must. Not of any 'law' but, of Grace. If I did not know of a church
to attend, then I would spend time finding the church where I am 'called'. Many
times we believe that the pastor is called to a given church, but, I believe that
we as members are called to service and love in our 'church' where we are 'called'.

I wish Betty was closer to MI, then we could find a church ministry to help her as
the body of Christ should. I pray that someone close to her will assist her in her
needs whatever they are.

You are all blessed . . .

Ray . . .

He sends someone to do it. For example: A larger limb had fallen down from one of my Pin-Oak trees behind my house. I knew it was too large for me to break-up and if I tried to saw it, it would take me a long time with a handsaw! Well, lo and behold, my neighbor behind me took his power saw, I guess, and cut the limb in shorter lengths and then I was able to break up the smaller limbs and branches. As I was putting the logs in a box to take to my brother's for his fireplace sometime, I saw that the branch was black where it had broken off the tree and in places under and outside the bark in several spots! My neighbor was outside and I asked him if he was the one who sawed it up for me and he said yes and then I said it looks like lightning must have hit it and he said it sure looked like it!

God protected me from having the lightning strike the whole tree and took the limb off the side farther away from my house and also protected my house from being hit by it!

So Praise God and Thank You, Jesus!

God Bless!
Betty