Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Orange Grove....

stpauli914

I've got an old Orange grove near my house that I have been meaning to get out and detect. The old house is still on it as well as some outbuildings and believe it or not a school!! The buildings are all fenced in and privately owned(no one living there) but I am wondering where to look around them. Has anyone had any luck in old citrus groves? The groves and buildings date back to the early 1900's.

Thanks,
Aaron

I have found a TON of silver in old apple orchards and cherry orchards. All the fruit used to be hand picked. People dropped coins and rings. BUT please don't tresspass.

The area on the outskirts of the fence is where I am going to try. Public land. I will of course stay away from the houses and out of the fenced in areas. I had the same thoughts on picking fruit by hand. I was picturing rings coming off as well :) But then I thought maybe the fruit was picked by migrant workers who may not have had much money or jewelry? Is that just a more recent thing? This grove was in full swing from the 20's through the 60's.

Thanks,
Aaron

Unless you owned a plantation and it was picked by slaves. Well that was before 1920!1