Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old or Newer??????

mrcricket

Was able to get permission to hunt at a VFW post near my local town to test out my new DFX before going to the cape next week and had a ball. Found mostly old pull tabs from old beer cans. LOL.. i did say its a VFW Post. But did find a boys scout tie badge two bullet casings , but my coolest find was a lead ball all white maybe calsium covered? Is there any possibility this is an old Musket bullet???? im hoping! will post pics when my daughter comes home from camping with camera. Just curious of what you experts might think as im brand new to this hobby?...Also waiting on the ok to hunt a local Drive in built in 1952.... hope its a yes...

Old! The covering is probably an oxide. (rust for lead). It takes a while for it to develop underground. Kinda like copper takes a while to get green and iron takes a while to turn red/brown. I know on the DFX XLT and Eagle Spectrum, the VDI number is almost equal to the caliber. If it reads69 (vdi), it's a 69 caliber. But I think it predates the VFW and is old. How old? Early 1700's to early 1900's. It's hard to pin them down since the guns are still in use today. But I think it's old. Anyone else??

Any idea what that pipe thingy on the right is? I found the same exact thing today at a ball field about 5" down. Had the same flat end also. Any idea?

Could be modern hard to tell sometimes, if it wern't a VFW I'd say older and would be a good sign but the VFW guys like to shoot alot. Still cool though. Keep at it. If it's an old VFW pre-1965 there should be a few silver coins hiding there. Old photos can hold alot of clues where the goodies might be.

yes i want to check it out more, ive been told that years ago they had fairs down there in a field across from the VFW dfx goes crazy over there tons of pull tabs but hey sometimes theres something good hiding with a pull tab signal.....