Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Old Man" on fools errand or just being a Grampa???

Cupajo

Hi Gang,

Yesterday I introduced my soon to be 19 year old grandson to water detecting!!! He thought it was the best thing since MTV and X-Box!!! Wow Grampa when can we go again??? 7 this AM "you wanna go you better get up and grab a quick snack" (ME Telling Him of course!!). In the water by7:20 (forgot to dry out gloves and jacket, so) cold and ready to go home by 8AM!!! Fog's burning off and a few minutes sunlight on the dark waders and he's good to go another round. A 1/2 hour later gets his first ring!!!(Junk, but who cares??) Beer can, clump o junk iron, odds and ends.

Meanwhile Grampa, waist deep and picking up bits of dross (hunting a hunted out area) is proudly watching. 21/2 hours from goin in he's headed my way not looking very happy, as he say's "I'm sorry Grampa I tore a hole in my new waders. (Seconds later I had a small 10K gold ring in my catch all, and a heavy silver gold filled band followed a few minutes later!!! He, wet and cold loaded his gear in the van and I reluctantly pulled out for home!!!

You-all be the judge.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

(No-one gets 'em all, but I'm workin on it!!!)

n/t