Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old fishing holes produce a couple of keepers.

My friend and I detected a couple of old fishing holes that I know of Sunday and Monday. We stayed on land because we didn't have any water detectors. I used my T-2 and he used his Explorer SE. At the first fishing area that we searched on Sunday I found an 1934 Mercury Dime and an 1888 Indian Head Cent. My Friend found a 1954 Frankin Half Dollar and a 1941 Wheatie. At the second fishing area that we searched Monday I found 1892-O Barber Dime and a 1903 Indian Head Cent. My friend found 4 Wheaties the oldest being 1918. He also found a ring made from a silver Quarter that some one must have made by taping it with a spoon and rotating it until it falttened out nice and smooth. I've heard that it takes quite a long time to make one. We couldn't tell what kind of Quarter it was made from. We both found numerous modern coins at both sites also. One point of interest I'd like to share with you fellow detectorists ~ The 1888 Indian Head was an inch deep at the most and it read like a zinc cent (as they normally do). I'm just letting you know this , because one of those shallow zinc cent readings you pass up may actually be a shallow Indian Head. I personally dig all coin signals. I'll try to post a photo of the coins soon , but I have a dial-up modem ( I live in the boonies ) and it takes forever to download photos. Happy Hunting , CoinShooter-Craig

Nice finds Craig, you and your friend had. And, a good reminder that not all zinc readings are zinc and not all old targets are deep. Nice coin finds. HH jim tn

n/t

Nice finds Craig. By zinc cent do you mean 82-83. I've only found one indian and it was a 79-80. Most of my zinc cents are right at 83, with dimes at a solid 84.

Bartman said:
Nice finds Craig. By zinc cent do you mean 82-83. I've only found one indian and it was a 79-80. Most of my zinc cents are right at 83, with dimes at a solid 84.
Hi Bartman , I can't remember exactly what the numbers were - The arrow was pegged on zinc cent. I'll scan it when I get home from work and check the number reading.

We went back to one of the fishing holes again on Labor Day and I found a 1882 Indain Head Cent not far from where I found the 1903 Indain Head last time we were there. My buddy was searching an area that people use to camp out at the fishing hole which was very trashy. He got a zinc cent signal on his Explorer SE and it turned out to be a 10K Gold mans wedding band. I checked it out on my T-2 and it also read in the Zinc cent range. Saturday I went to a different fishing hole by myself and found a 1952 silver Rosie Dime plus a lot of Modern change. Monday night my buddy and I searched at a tavern that we have permission to search at and we both found a wheatie , but I also found two silver rosies ( 1963 and 1952 ). We both found numerous clad coins and memorial cents which were unuasually deep for some reason. We kept thinking with a coin that deep it would be a wheat or silver , but they kept coming up modern besides the 2 wheats and two silvers that I mentioned. Anyways we had a fun filled weekend - Plus my band had two gigs - more fun!! CoinShooter-Craig

ive been using the small coil for the t-2 lately and have been running my sensitivity at 90 and have been digging dimes which chime in at a solid 83......im strictly a coin-shooter and dig everything above a 50 and many times my dimes ring in as zinz pennies.......especialy at the beach.....