Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old find today

harryo

Found a nice relic today about 10in deep and 2 1919 coins and a 1936s dime. Could anybody tell me how old the hatchet might be? thanks

Wow!! I might be wrong but that looks like an old, Trade axe. (Tomahawk)

That is an awesome find..:surprised:

There are throwing axes that look like that made to this day.

Just found out that it is a authentic french trade axe early to mid 18th century. WOW i have something from the very early days in Oshkosh WI. Now i know how all the civil war relic hunters feel when they find a button or bullet.

I thought it was traded to the Indians by the French but wasn't positive. Awesome find!!

That Mercury dime isn't too shabby eather.

Be sure to preserve it correctly. You might want to clean and dry it well and then coat it in wax to keep the air from getting to it.

check for a makers mark on the side.Most of the time trade axes are dug broken,nice to see them whole.:surprised: Heres a site for more info !!Superb find!Congrats!!

http://www.lanouvelle-france.com/axeindex.htm

Did you find it with a Sovereign and were you hunting in Disc. or all metal?

Just curious......
Thanks, bottlebum

HI Found it with the sov. xs2apro with the 12in sunray coil.Hunt with no notch as low as it turns and disc as low as it turns can still here the good from the bad and watch the meter when i get a high sound. Also i never hunt in all metal and have the disc switch and the variable switch up. Found a lot of good coins that many before me walked right over.The sweet sound on the axe was just to good to pass up so i dug it. Will dig a few more lower numbers if they are deep and sound good. Hope this helps. harry

harryo said:
HI Found it with the sov. xs2apro with the 12in sunray coil.Hunt with no notch as low as it turns and disc as low as it turns can still here the good from the bad and watch the meter when i get a high sound. Also i never hunt in all metal and have the disc switch and the variable switch up. Found a lot of good coins that many before me walked right over.The sweet sound on the axe was just to good to pass up so i dug it. Will dig a few more lower numbers if they are deep and sound good. Hope this helps. harry

Sure does Harry. I was guessing that you found it in the disc mode but wanted to be sure. Thanks and hope you find some more relics from the same period.