Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old farm hunt today

kevinslack

hunted the old farm today and got 10 wheat's war nickle and silver dime, i know there is some good coins there just need to learn the e-trac alittle better. my wife's mom is 83 and she showed me some old coins that she picked up after they plow the garden. in Penny's and a 1883 Morgan dollar. i tryed to hunt the garden but its full of junk sounds, alot of high pitches. another thing is the threshold sound goes away when hunting to close to the old house. heres pictures of coins for todays hunt.

Nice job, Kevin. I just finished reading a 5 page thread about the merits of using 2TF, and am going to try it. Sounds like it might do some good where you're hunting. Have you tried it?

I could be wrong but i enlarged that 1909 wheat and it looks like it could have an S mintmark.
I keep my fingers crossed for ya.

LabradorBob

i did try the two tone but forgot to take it out of conductivity, next time i will try two tone and change it to ferrous.

If you want to open up sites like that, go to the TTF, slow way down with short back and forth tight swings. Listen for the high tone pops in TTF and you will catch those finds that you have gone over before.
The other thing is to get a small coil and use the same settings. The X5 is a great coil for cellar holes and high iron sites. Good luck.

Nice hunt Kevin!!! Thanks for the pictures!

NebTrac

Nice Finds! Congratulations

You did good hang in there your find some more in there keep looking. :thumbup:

yep when close to the house you are in what I like to call the "construction zone" this area is littered with nails from all the roofing, building, remodeling etc....put your etrac in 2 tone ferrous and SLOWLY go thru it, you will be able to pluck out some goodies