Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Cow Pasture Find

NH ANDY

The old cow pasture up behind the old farm I live at was mowed last week,it had not been done for 2 years,wild blue berries were taking over the field and other under growth.I detected it once for a hour ,with my girlfriend and found a 1946 dime ,1951 quarter,and a 1952 D quarter,she found a old tent peg and ox shoe and some bullet shells.I decided to go back the other day with out her,first I found very old foot long cold chisel,than a disk of lead as big as a silver dollar,than I went to the top of the field and found small ladies thin banded ring made of silver,then I detected my way back to my truck,1 loaded shot gun shell and 30-06 shell,I was just about near the truck and a +74 comes up on my White's XLT,pin point 4.50 down,I thought it may be another bullet shell,no to my surprise it was a half dime,my first capped bust,I took it back to the house and cleaned it baking soda and boiling hot water in aluminum foil and gently rinsed off with cold water,very surprised of condition,for a 1832 Capped Bust Half Dime.Thanks for reading my post,NH ANDY.

Beautiful coin, Andy. Congratulations!!!!:clapping:
Bet it was almost new when it was lost. 160+ years in the ground.:surprised:
If you get a chance sometime, I wish you would explain your silver cleaning method in a little more detail.:unsure:

Wow, some find! What region of the U.S. are you in. They were probably still using wooden nickels here in Ca. when that was made. Congrads. :thumbup:

- -considering it has been in a farmed field all these years. I believe I would haunt that field until winter.

cool find......good place to hunt.could be major goodies there

FANTASTIC FIND ANDY!!---I've always wanted to find a capped bust coin (still ah lookin)! :biggrin: ------Del

I wish you guys when listing your great finds would say what area you found the stuff. You know, like "central Arkansas. That would be really cool. :thumbup:

n/t

silversmith said:
I wish you guys when listing your great finds would say what area you found the stuff. You know, like "central Arkansas. That would be really cool. :thumbup:

Or a detailed map with turn by turn directions. Maybe the longitude and latitude...:rofl:

All kidding aside that is a stunningly beautiful piece of history, huge congrats!