Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Boy Scout Camp

markl59

I went out today for about three hours. Here are my finds, after taking Montes advice on using the 5.3 coil on my MXT, I went to an area loaded with nails to test this coil out, I have been here before with other detectors and coils 9.5", and 8" with no luck. I used the following settings sens. +1, disc 2.5, relic mode, (I used mixed mode "trigger Centered" and Trigger forward, ground locked, low threshold. Here is what I found, 4 wheat pennies, 1 Buffalo nickel, 1 Jefferson Nickel, 1 rosie dime, 1 standing liberty quarter, buckles,old barretts, small padlock, lead sinker, old toothpaste tube. Most of the items dug were about 4" to 5" these were not measured depths. I think the tiny round things are percussion caps for a blackpowder gun, not sure though, I know nothing about bullets but the ones I found, 2 had 2 rings around them, and 2 did not. If you try anything with your MXT, try using a smaller coil, listen to Monte he knows what he is talking about. I was discouraged with the noise of the MXT, I believe the MXT is so sensitive you need a smaller footprint in the soil, just my opinion. The area I hunted today is a difficult area to hunt, alot of times I was on my hands and knees swinging the coil, because of heavy brush, but I think the rewards are worth the effort Thanks Monte, and to everyones input from this forum.