Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old baseball field

Panhead

I’ve been detecting a old baseball field that was used till mid 1940. It’s a hay field now that’s got clover with grass mixed with it. I’ve found ,three barbers and one mercy with 8 1/2 hours of detecting time. The Indian heads I’ve found has got a crust on them. When you get the crust off them you can’t read them. I think there might be a lot of sulfur in the ground. It was a old coal mining town back in the day. Being a old man I’m not for sure on the sulfur in the ground. I only live 22 miles from their and never ran in coins like the Indians. I’ve hunted around this area off and on sense 1982. I hit this field pretty hard four years ago with the 3030 and the 705 before I hurt my shoulder, they were to heavy for me now. Equinox made a believer out of me with the and I can handle the weight of it. I’ve extend my detecting time five hours thanks to reading on this sight of the counter balance. I’d already bought a new rod before reading about Steve’s rod on here. I got a expansion nut from the hardware store and used a piece of 3/8 threaded rod and 1” ID PVC pipe and two end caps The balancer it’s self weights 12.5 oz counting the 5.5 ozs in the end. I put styrofoam in the 4” tube about 3” up from the bottom so I could keep the weight on the end. Works pretty good for me. I’d like to buy one of Steve’s rods in the future. TKS. Panhead

Nice job, counterweight does work. I did not believe it at first.

Isn't it amazing how silver can come out of the ground looking pristine, and the copper cents are nearly toast? I have some sites around here that do that very same thing. Regardless, you scored big time at the old ball field. Nicely done. HH Randy

VERY nice digs, Panhead! You did GREAT at that old ballfield!

And VERY nice job, rigging up a counterweight for yourself! I am impressed with your creativity/ingenuity, and I'm glad to hear that counterbalancing is working well for you.

If/when you may want to consider a shaft/counterweight, just let me know and I'll be happy to help! In the mean time, it looks like you have taken care of the issue quite well!

Steve

Nice job That’s exactly what I do Old baseball or old fields alongside schools they pay off nicely sure a lot have been hunted I had one this summer 16 silvers came out of one half and over 100 wheats!
So keep hunting that spot!
Mark