Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old 1883 school gives up some nice coins!

Mark kus

I hunted this school twice this week it’s been hammered over the years!
first trip I dug a 8-9” Indian 1891 along close to the sidewalk my favorite area then a 1960 Washington along with some wheats.
As I moved toward the flagpole I had a 24-25 I found a wheat in the plug so as I went back over the hole a 26 turned out to be a 1936 mercury nice spill and one more 1942 mercury that was about it for that day.
Went back today with my Pastor and found a big dandy button two buffalos one looks like 1926? Some more wheat pennies one was holed!
Then the pin for progress in writing with another nice one way 25-26 which was a mercury spill a 1917 and a 1918 turned out to be a great couple hour hunt.
Field 2 sensitivity 25 iron 0 recovery speed 4 and ground balanced also.
HH
Mark
ACC67753-A4F6-41A3-ADEA-373C2691EA02.jpeg
EEF889DC-74C1-4040-A7AA-9763200D6212.jpeg
EC9755F4-9169-4400-8C11-ACF92B4A686D.jpeg

Thats a coin from Barbados forget that one got the $1.00 John Adams coin also in my clad.
Mark
EDDFA0F0-D0BA-4C5E-87F6-BBB08FED2A94.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff not a bad hunt this school is not far from me most of my finds are not more than 20 miles from my home which is nice ....

Thanks Confetrit I keep trying.😁

Nice finds , That Dandy button must have belonged one of the kids. It was probably a show and tell item. Those date back a lot older then the school . Congrats !! wild willy is right about the same architect designs used on the schools. You didn't happen to be detecting in Ware , MA. ? I showed my wife the pic you posted and she said " That looks like the school we detected". The blessing is that you were able to go with your Pastor.

Nice finds , That Dandy button must have belonged one of the kids. It was probably a show and tell item. Those date back a lot older then the school . Congrats !! wild willy is right about the same architect designs used on the schools. You didn't happen to be detecting in Ware , MA. ? I showed my wife the pic you posted and she said " That looks like the school we detected". The blessing is that you were able to go with your Pastor.
Thanks Ron no it’s in Ct old whaling town 😏I’ve found silver next to it dating 1778 Spanish silver Randy my pastor loves to detect runs a nox also

I love the old schools. I also think the same architect was used for a lot of them. They have stood the test of time. Seems the new ones last about 25 years and then are replaced.
Your absolutely correct I work in my town at the school I went to one my elementary school dates 1938 and it’s all renovated looks great but the middle school renovated same time built in the 60’s falling s a part already!
I found silver in the elementary school yard dating 1700’s Spanish!

Sweet. Lots of History there.. Bucket lister is some Spanish silver. The Nox is quickly becoming a favorite detector . Thanks for sharing the pics with us. God Bless you !!