Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

okay so i got an ace 250

fozzy767

i bought an ace 250,im not much into diggin holes.for one reason,i dont want to tear up soccer fields park and such.not because im lazy i just seem to pick mulch and gravel at tot lots and ballfields.am i the only one or does other people do this also?

I think your DVD shows you how to cut out a plug, dig your treasure, then restore the plug so there is no damage. It also explains a code of ethics with similar topics like where you can legally hunt. My suggestion would be to find a body of water and practice on the beach. I just got done learning there, its a great way to learn what your detector found before digging. Find a sand sifter and practice away. I bought this scooper and left a review I like it so much:

http://www.amazon.com/Kellyco-Metal-Detectors-Beachmaster-Power/dp/B000TJSWE8/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1247599737&sr=8-25

Once you learn how to pinpoint well, you can easily do sports fields using only the Pro-Pointer and a screwdriver. Just dig the more recent finds. The Pro-Pointer will show you exactly where the target is, and judging on how much the Pro-Pointer vibrates gives you a good idea on it's depth. Often, in common sports fields, the deeper targets are junk anyways.

Don't forget sand volleyball courts! I prefer east digging like you. But there is nothing wrong with getting dirty either.

If there are coins and goodies in it I pull it up regardless. Soccer fields, or any sports field are goldmines. You'll have to improve your recovery techniques and not dig holes. Try popping with a screwdriver or cutting plugs. I have a diagram in the archives showing how to pop coins.

Bill

Hi Fozzy.
I'm with you not not digging up lawns. 90% of all my hunts are on lawn. I make vertually all my recoveries with a thin shafted screw driver. This means that you can make recoveries that are very hard to spot once your finished!:thumbup:
Mick Evans.

im gonna have to sharpen my locating skills,i found $3.51 in coins at a mulch lot yesterday.im always getting hits in grass tho so im kinda wanting to dig.i would get more goodies that way.