Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Okay, I have two to choose from so what is your input????

MrPirate

I have chosen two detecors that I like and would like some input if any is available on personal choices and why. First I wil be hunting mostly wet hard packed sand on a few sand bars filled with lots of bottle tops and beer cans, but also lots of chains and rings that I ahve seen people lose, and some beaches. I am looking at either a Excaliber 1000 or the headhunter Pulse. But I am not sure on the Pulse since I may go diving.

So what do you think and also where is the best place to make my purchase? I have seen a couple of Excalibers on Ebay some new for $1000 and some about five years old going for around $600. Have there been any major changes in the Excaliber circuit in the last five years or so?

Thank you all for your input so far it is greatly appreciated.
Smooth Seas to all
MrPirate

will go deep and find every little piece of iron - brass - alum- fish hooks - etc gold -silver- on and on.............dig many many deep holes

excal...................will not dig as much iron, just the older stuff that tricks us., still dig alum, brass, gold, silver, etc...........holes not quite as deep, B U T, HAVE TONES to let u know maybe what it could be............after much use...........u will know

buy from:.................wide open, but buy from a good minelab dealer..........

dave at dixie, mr bill, coil tec..............nj guy - all sell both

i can not shed any light on ebay, do not go there.

where are u located

If I had some diving in mind, I'd go with the Headhunter Diver. Unless you are in a really heavy mineralized area the Diver does a great job of getting the goodies and it's super lighweight and easy to use. No bells and whistles, just set the Disc. to 3, the Sens. to 8 or 9 and dig whatever beeps. The new models have interchangable coils so you can go with the bigger coil if you need more depth on the beach. JMHO, good luck with your decision.

No. 1 rule - There is no "perfect" detector, just some very good choices, but you have to find the one that suits YOU best. From what you've said, I'd also consider the Fisher CZ-20. Waterproof for diving, choice of two coils sizes, great warranty if you buy new (lifetime) and if you hipmount, great on land. Couple of downsides, but definitely a popular unit.
If you haven't tried pulse, I'd switch your current detector into all-metal and hunt that way for a month. IF you aren't bothered by digging the iron and other additional trash, THEN you may like a PI. Translation: depth isn't everything.
Excals are pretty much the same for the past 5 years, but be very careful about buying waterproof detectors used. Out-of-warranty repairs can be sky high.
There are some very good, reputable detector dealers that sponsor this site. I'd check with them first.