Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Okay CZ User.......

I have one on a CZ70 and it's what stays on it except when hunting beaches or low trash areas that might be hiding some very deep silver. And I guess I should qualify "very deep". That is coins that are at the absolute limit of detection with the 8 inch, where all you get is a weak low tone and have to remove a couple inches of overburden to bring the disc tone up.

Currently I use a three phase attack in heavy iron.

1. Minelab X-Terra X70 with 18.75kHz DD elliptical coil.
2. CZ70 w/ 5inch.
3. Fisher Edge w/ 5.75 inch.

1a. The X70 w/ DD coil has good full size coil depth and excels at low conductors. It is good at picking out targets that are E<>W oriented from the junk. But like all DD's that have a heel to toe strong field, can be masked by junk that is N<>S of your swing attitude.

2b. The CZ70 5 incher is not as deep as the 8 incher, maybe lose 2-3 inches depending on soil and target. But I am using it to get into very tight spots(really thick iron) and going after the deeper high conductors that are masked. You will also begin to find smaller targets that small concentrics seem to favor.

3c. The Edge w/ 5.75. Well, let's just say it does things in iron that are hard to explain. First, it's a very quiet machine with only an occasional bleed through, there are other machines that do well in iron but they are generally very chatty. To find the good stuff you end up with a headache listening to the poor filtering because you've had to set the disc so low. Second it finds coins on "edge" true to it's name, and coins that don't ID properly because of corrosion. I use it as the mop-up machine.

So the CZ70 with 5 inch has a place in my summer/fall arsenal for land hunting. Come winter the 8 inch goes on and along with 2 CZ20's it's off to the ocean we go.

HH
BarnacleBill

Yeah it's my primary coil that always stays on. Depth is plenty. Any loss of depth, it makes up with better target separation...HTH

I just got the 5" coil for my cz3d for Christmas so have just a couple
hours in using it. I must say, though, it will see much use. I did dig a "wheatie" at a true 7" and it came through loud and clear. It is accurate and seemingly will do what it was designed to do.

HH

jim tn

I found this today and 4.56 clad with the cz 70 5" coil and the 1943-d dime was at 9" . Love the 5" coil and usa it all the time. Oh found the 10 on the ground