Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok...starting to psych myself out.

chowbox

Hi!

So I have a new Tejon on the way and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's my first tesoro so I am a bit freaked out about the manual ground balance. I have watched the videos and I have read the manual but I am still worried about
my ability to ground balance it right. THe machines I have used in the past had auto ground balance. At this point I feel like I am going to have carry an index card around with the instructions on how to do it. If it is just a few simple steps can one of you
make a concise list on the process of doing it correctly. I am so sorry to bother you guys with this.I might just be over thinking this but I am actually losing sleep over the idea of losing targets due to faulty ground balancing on my part. I hunt in the mountains of western NC and I have no idea as to whether I have good, bad or just ok soil mineralization.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

OK,, I am not to good with words.. First, read the manual. Take it one tiny step at a time. Turn it on..
Go to all metal.. As you raise and lower the coil to the ground and back up,, Up and down about 6 to 8" is enough..
When you go down with the coil. You dont need to hit the ground. If the thresh hold sound grts louder,, Do it a few times to hear the thresh hold IF it gets louder turn the ground balance knob Counter clockwise. Like you would turn down the volumn on a radio. Keep going up and down until there is no change in the thresh hold. It is now ground balanced.. Lets start over.. AS you pump up and down and the thresh hold goes quiet.
Now slowly turn the ground balance knob clock wise. Like you turn up the volumn on your radio.. As it comes down to the ground and you staet to hear the thresh hold sound STOP. It is done... You can do this back and forth. You will hear the changes. After a few times playing with is you will do it in a few seconds.. Now my fingers are tired... Keep reading the manual on the ground balance... I hope you get sleep now. you will need it.. You will have a good detector... KEN

The radio analogy is how I think of it and it works just fine for me.
BB

It's a hundred times harder to explain than it is to actually do.

tabman

Just remember to make slight movement with the knob no matter what they are finely tuned pots

Like worrying about learning to drive a car because you are afraid you won't get the hang of working the brake pedal.
A non issue.
Even if you can't get it at perfect, optimum settings at first the thing should still perform well and go deep.
Stop worrying and just start swinging.

Ground balancing the Tejon is a piece of cake. I always ground balance my Tejon in disc mode with the trigger pulled back. What this does is to allow you to ground balance with a fast retune
in the disc mode instead of the slow retune in all metal mode. It certainly makes it easier to get a good ground balance by balancing in the disc mode. If you read the Tejon manual on page 16
it tells you in #2 ....."or simply pulling the trigger switch back and holding it in place." After a few times ground balancing the detector you will be wondering why you were so worried about it...lol.
Good luck with your Tejon, it is a great detector and very sensitive and deep. Make sure you have a good digger cause you will need it with the Tejon for sure !.............HH

Roger

Hey guys...

I really appreciate you all taking out of your own time to give me adivce. You have all been very helpful!

Feeling optimistic!

Scott