Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok, so I stink at searching these forums... Classic IDX Pro help

mattw

I should have one of these in today or Tuesday with the Mr. Bill mods. I know that there are some tips or tricks regarding the use of the black sand switch for disc. settings. I really cannot find them in the forums, could someone point me the right way or give me some tips? From what I understand, this unit is fairly well on, in that if it gives a dig signal you should really dig that hole!

Thanks Matt

Hi Matt

I run my IDX Pro with the Black Sand switched to Normal, and run the Disc. at 9:00 on the dial, as this setting takes care of small nails. The IDX Pro is simple to set up and once I have it set up the way I want......it is a turn on and go detector. Once you have ground balanced the machine to the coil you are using, set the sensitivity at max, and go beeping!

Randy

Look at the black sand switch as a way to expand your discrimination range.

Let's say in the "normal" mode the discrimination has a range of 0 to +100. When going to the "black sand" mode, you will be able to lower the range of the discrimination below the "0" in the normal mode. Let's call it on the black sand mode, say from "-35" to +"65".

Why would one want to put it lower ? At fully counter clockwise,( -35 ) it puts the detector in a full, silent search, all metal mode. It also give one a lower starting point to discriminate from when dealing with "black sand". You would adjust the disc. control to just eliminate the affects of the black sand. The black sand will present it's self as a strong negative ground response, and you would adjust the disc. to just cut it out. That would be the position where you would hunt from on the black sand. Sometimes you may be able to tune out the salts with it, if you hunting a salt beach.

Hope this helps. :)

Mr. Bill