Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ok...need some more input... F75 VS EXPLORER

OK! i have been detecting now for a good while, my dad was a Garrett dealer so i have always used Garrett's, i used the GTA 1000, until upgrading to the ACE 250, after hunting...everyday!..for a long time.. i have decided im really not finding as much as i should, the 250 just isn't getting me those deep signals i want to hit, and its just to hard to find a good deep signal near trash with that dang bell tone!, my dad will pick up sounds with the ID EDGE that my 250 registers as trash!..allot! now don't get me wrong, the 250 is a great coin shooting machine in trashy areas with the sniper coil on, but when you have the sniper on, it will only get about 3-4' MAX. i want to find those faint signals of something small...deep. when i do get a signal that i think maybe a coin..deep, or next to a piece of trash, (you know this iffy sounds that turn out to be a nice murc dime next to a pull tab!), i dig and dig, and the signal disappears..ALL THE TIME! This never happened to me with the GTA 1000. now if the area is clean...which it hardly ever is, you can get some good targets 6-8' down with the stock coin on.

i have concluded deep faint signal coin hunting around trash is IMPOSSIBLE to do with the 250, its just not made for this. so, i have decided to upgrade! i need a machine to find deeper targets but also has good target separation, and cut threw the trash. so i have narrowed it down to 2 detectors for what i want, EXPLORER OR F75. my father has tested both, and has owned a explorer. needles to say, he didn't like the EXPLORER, he has sold it and is now waiting for the F75 to come in. i trust his opinion, he has been hunting for 30 or so years so he knows what hes talking about. Right now im leaning more towards the F75, has anyone used both? what do you recommend? i see allot of people using explorers and finding allot of good coins. i am primarily a coin-shooter, and small relics are cool too. i have heard that the explorer is really best for relic hunting. but like i said, i see allot of good things on the forums. since im on a limited budget, this is going to be allot of money for me to spend on a detector...which my girlfriend is not gonna like, so i want to make sure i am going to get something that will work very well for me, without loosing any money. i want some input from other people as well, what do you recommend for what i want to do?
thanks!

Yeah, that might be a good idea, especially since he has an F75 coming in that he will surely let you try out (cheap).:devil: Unless he is trying to sell you his Edge :wacko:-- I had an Edge, and personally prefer the 250 but I am not an Authority on such things. You should be able to crank the sensitivity way up on the 250 with the small coil. I thought I might like an Explorer until I looked up the owner's manual on the web and read a lot of comments on the forums. Decided it was not really the way I wanted to operate. Looking up those operator's manuals is a very good idea, and remember that it takes a bunch of hours (20 to 40) of practice on a new machine to get much of a handle on it. Truly mastering a Good machine almost always produces better than fooling around with one that has more gadgets than you will ever use, let alone master.:buds:

I'm not sure on the F75. I did have a Fisher Coinstrike. It had a lot of great features and a fun machine to use but it lacked it two departments - depth and discrimination.

If you or your dad have primarily used Whites, Garretts, and the like for x number of years and you go to a Minelab you most likely will struggle and get a little flustered. I know I did. It took me a while to learn the machine(s). In my opinion the Explorer is not as "fun" a machine as the Fisher I used or the White's I still occasionally use but it is superior in depth/descrimination.

Bob

I feel you would be very pleased with the f75. It is terrific in trash, has excellent depth, easy to learn, numerous modes and settings to work with and is very light weight. You might want to check some of the forms earlier posts as to comparisons, too. HH jim tn