Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok, I'm back!

AllenOK

We got our power turned back on (after 9 days of no electricity from the ice storm) a couple weeks ago. Laurie, my other half, promptly wrecked my car that night. I got another car yesterday, a '99 Ford Taurus. Our phone was also fixed, after over two weeks of not working. Probably a gremlin in a box, as yesterday we saw an AT&T technician at the box about 1/2 mile from our home, and the phone was working after that. The hot water heater died a couple of days ago. The control switch was damaged when the power came back on, and finally killed the hot water heater after a week of constantly hitting the reset switch. At least we had warning that it was going to go. Now we just have to get another one and get it installed.

I don't really have much time to hunt right now. Hopefully, once the business level at work dies down from the holidays and storm clean-up / rebuilding, and things stabilize a bit, I'll be able to get out.

HH from Allen in OK

We were with out elect for 3 days, lost a lot of food...
I used a 1850 watt Gen, it ran the gas furnace, the TV and a light.
We had to gas it up every 4 hrs. Sure glad gas was only 2.73 a gal.
Our big Oak dropped 3 big limbs on the roof and 3 big limbs on my Wife's S-10 Blazzer, broke the wind sheild and dented the fenders,hood and roof of the Blazzer.
The first limb is over nine feet off the ground and I still have broken limbs up in the tree..
I saw some houses in Norman that got hit hard, cars that were total.
I had heard that the Tulsa area got hit hard also.
At one time they said over 700,000 with out elect.
One Lady in Chickasha had a limb fall on her head, they say that she can not move anything below her neck, hope she does better.
Just think, they say we are going to be having more ice storms and less snow.
It looks like a Tornado got a hold of the trees.
Glad that you all are ok.
BJ

We have a lot of trees on our lot. Every tree has "some" kind of damage. Luckily nothing hit the house or our vehicles (one not running, the other totalled later). We had a lot of limbs come down on our fenceline. One tree between my house and the empty house next door dropped several limbs on the fenceline. I've been trying to get OG&E to trim and/or remove that tree, as it's mostly dead, and there's a power line running between the two houes that services the houses behind us. I was really worried that tree would drop a limb and take out the power line. Luckily that hasn't happened.

Yup, Tulsa got hit bad. The country club I work at lost A LOT of trees. The golf course is closed, and has been for 2 weeks. They're hoping to open 6 out of 18 holes by the end of this week. From what I understant, all the private golf courses in Tulsa are shut down due to tree damage.

I've got some pics on my laptop. I'll try to post them soon.

HH from Allen in OK