Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK, I got my CTX3030 yesterday

gilaoro

Got it assembled, downloaded the manual and X2 and did the film ware updates, now how long does I take to learn all the stuff you need to know to operate it?
I Have been into metal detecting a long time but not recently, technology has passed me by! None of the buttons seem to operate the way the manual says.

Max

It takes most people 100 - 200 hours to get a frim grasp on the CTX. What buttons are you having a problem with? Maybe we can help.

Thanks for the offer Jim, I am still watching the videos and just trying out the basics, 100 t0 200 is discouraging.

Max

Just try to learn one of the stock modes first, before you start fooling with the various settings. If you don't know what those settings do, some of them can make matters worse not better. Leave the Ground Balance in AUTO!
I had better luck learning the machine using the Combined tone profile. Some like the 50 and 35 tone, but that was just sensory overload, for me, in the beginning. If you want to try the Combined profile, and don't know how to set it up, I can send you a basic one, and help you change it to suit your hunting style and conditions.

Recommendations: Don't detect right away. First just play with the control panel. Press every button to see what it does.Very important. The trigger will back you up if you get lost so dont worry. Press and HOLD the buttons does a different function on every button also so learn them too. Then just watch youtube and read the forums and the manual. And you should be a pro within 20 hrs. It is very important just to play with the control panel to see what everything does and to get used to the terminology. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Les

good reply Les , Ill add this

It should only take a hour or two to learn the functions of the buttons ..Some of the buttons are short press for one function and press and hold for another function....Sit down and watch TV with you CTX in your lap. Relax and play with the buttons until they become familiar....
Leave the ground balance in auto tracking, that is the check box unchecked.
Use auto sensitivity
Dont be afraid to use discrimination
If you decide to use ferrous coin or ground coin mode, use the combined tone ID profile or you will be digging a lot of iron falses..
Don't keep changing modes and tone ID profiles or will make you learning period much longer
I dont know what machine you were using previously...If you are coming from a BBS or FBS machine, the 50 conductive tone ID profile will come naturally..If you had a single tone or 3 or 4 tone machine the combned profle would probably be easier to learn.
In 10 hours you ought to be pretty good, in 40 hours you be very good but you will continue to learn forever..
Just relax and have fun learning it.. Dont worry about posting finds and making videos... Its supposed to be a pleasure machine, not a torture device
wildherre

Thanks to all of you for the very good answers :thumbup:I was wanting to go out and start using it but its rained nearly all day and I didn't figure it was good to get me and it wet for no reason.
The only real problem I have with it is Exchange2 shows a UPGRADE available but it won't down load. The Film Ware update downloaded just fine.

I'll keep playing with the buttons until I can do it as fast as some of you on You Tube can.

But I can't hardly wait to get out with it because I know some spots that have a lot of silver and gold coins but the only way you can find them is to dig and screen because of the iron and coal and slag. The way some of you are hitting those Rosies the coin dealers are going to have to revise there rarity.

Thanks
Max