Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK GUYS WOULD LIKE TO HERE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SE

have not had time to take it out yet but the feed back is not good i just hope my unit is ok it was alot of money WOW that would @#$% but if i have to send it back i still have my old stand by CZ.. HH

I think its just a few that are having problems, I have had mine for about 3 months and have not had any problems, and i use it 3 or 4 times a week.

Jerry

Hi vaseeker'
I have had an SE for about two months, and while it had an issue with the display, Minelab replaced the display within one week and I have had no trouble with it since. While the display was faulty it didn't seem to have any effect on the performance of the SE, and I found it to be a slightly better detector than the EX II that I owned for about fourteen months. I say slightly better, because I have found that the SE appears to be a little more stable than the EX II, therefore allowing you to up the sensitivity a bit consequently searching a little deeper. The VCO pinpointing on the SE is certainly as good as the pinpointing on the EX II or maybe even a little better. The pitch hold I've played with a bit but is not something I would use all the time. I think the best assessment I can make of the SE is, that it is a slight improvement on the EX II, but if you are looking for MAJOR changes over the EX II you won't find them in the SE. If you want to own the latest and greatest by all means go for the SE but if your looking for a VASTLY better detector than the EX II forget it.
Hope this helps...Regards.....Boony

To me there have been worthwhile improvements,
I know that we haven't been given ~ say 2 inches more depth.

IMHO I feel that the improvements are notable, and as Boony says,
you can feel hear, and see these improvements when you use the machine...

Here is some of what Minelab said about the new SE prior to us getting them at the shop where I work.
[attachment 41346 SEImprovements1.JPG]

[attachment 41347 SEIronmaskImprovements.JPG]

HH

Snowy :twodetecting: